Parents Another reason I love our gym

• Thread starter Thread starter cathiann
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
C

cathiann

(although I do complain sometimes LOL!).

Summer schedule came out a few weeks ago--more hours for the compulsories, higher prices--very unhappy parents (no warning given). So why am I happy? The owners (who are the head team coaches too) listened to the parental complaints and changed things! They dropped hours for the compulsories and lowered our price increase.

I really like that they listen :)

You're lucky for 2 reasons: 1, the fact that your gym actually listened to the parents concerns and 2. You have your summer schedule already!! ;) I think I'd fall over from shock if that happened in our gym!

Wow, lucky you to have such great owners. I am with Netty, I think I would faint if we got our summer schedule now. We won't get ours until the middle of May :( It would be nice to have it and to know what the summer fees will be this year.

That is AWESOME! My old gym should take note, same thing happened to us last year, the increase was almost $100.00 more. While we understood an increase in hours and tuition because we were going for L4 to L5, it just was a surprise, shock and the worst time for the entire group. We all sent out e-mails, wanted to meet w/owner to discuss, tried to come up with ideas for cutting costs, but the hefty tuition plus assessment fees meant that some months we were paying about $550 for L4 alone. Increase would have put us at about $650.00. He didn't want to lose anything, I understand, it's a bussiness...so I had to make the quickest decision in my life and move my DD to another gym. The whole L5 group left. While I am happy at current gym and save about $2000 yr for higher level and more hours, I think we will always miss old coach, she was great. Wish the owner could have had the cahoonies to just sit down with us face to face to listen to our concerns and try to come up with a solution with us so we could've stayed. We were so willing to cut meets and any other expense to stay there, none of us wanted to leave. Current gym even offeres 10% for tuition paid in cash/ontime. Even something like that would've have helped. Glad your gym is so willing to work with & understand the financial hardships of the parents.

Yeah, that's another thing I love--the HC/owner that does the schedules is almost obsessive about getting things done and scheduled. We got our summer schedules the end of February--fall schedule comes out in July--along with the meet calendar for the year. I'm a planner too, so I love that!

I am one of those that does not mind the increase hours for summer. Of course I hate the increase in the fee's. I am hoping we get our schedule soon. Pretty much it is 4 days for 4 hours. I wish they offered a 5 day option.

Now I am just praying that our schedule is the same as it has been in the past. :-)

I can't believe you have your summer schedule already. We won't know what level are girls will be until late May and won't have a schedule until after that.

But, we actually should know the tuition schedule before then. I'm hoping it won't be too big a bump.

Wow - a gym that's on the ball, that is a "very rare" find! Consider yourself lucky... ;)

Our summer schedule hasn't been distributed yet and probably won't be until the end of May (which would be early) or sometime in June, but it can't be too far off from last year's.

I think this affects the lower levels the most when they are moving up through the levels, they increase hours, so you can only expect to end up paying more. Once your Optional (at least in our gym) and you are already going to most hours the gym does and pay the highest price already, it really doesn't change much year to year. At least this has been my experience thus far (fingers crossed my thinking is still the same this yr!)

I do appreciate that the gym does tell us the fly-away meet in August so we have time to save and make reservations and such (the meet is usually in Jan or Feb)! That's about the only early notification that we get!

Count me in with those who won't get their summer schedules until some time in late May or early June! We won't know what levels the girls will train with until then. The only thing I know for sure is we will be going 5 days a week. For us the big issue will be whether it is mornings or afternoons. We are hoping for mornings, but could be stuck with afternoons again.

Count me in with those who won't get their summer schedules until some time in late May or early June! We won't know what levels the girls will train with until then. The only thing I know for sure is we will be going 5 days a week. For us the big issue will be whether it is mornings or afternoons. We are hoping for mornings, but could be stuck with afternoons again.

Our Compulsories already know what level they will be (and actually started at that level March 1st this year), so it's just Optionals that don't know and all our Optionals practice the same times/hours during the summer anyway.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back