Off Topic Anyone from Western NC/SC

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

coachmolly

Coach
Reaction score
I am in the process of navigating grad school options and found one I really liked in Western NC, only to find the neighboring city where I would probably get an apartment has an incredibly high rate of violent crime. As I will be a young female living alone, I found that really troubling and it has me seriously rethinking that school as a possibility. I'm hoping someone from near or familiar with the area will be able to provide a little more insight or perhaps suggest another neighboring town with a track record that is a little better.
Please feel free to respond here or send a PM, any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Knoxville, TN is quite safe (just don't live in north or east K-town, rather dodgy) and has a GREAT school. Very friendly, helpful people too.

Thanks for the advice, but Knoxville is a little far from this particular school. I think there is a school in Knoxville though that offers the program I would be applying for, I'll have to give it a look. I guess this area might be considered more Central NC, I'm really not sure. I know the first post was really vague, I'm just hesitant to give too many details in a general forum. I guess maybe asking if anyone is familiar with the Charlotte area might have been a better question.
But thanks for the help, Cynical-Chick!

I am in SC but on the coast, so I guess that won't help you much. : )

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back