Parents Anyone get Summer Schedules?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What are your child's summer workout hours? Select level and number of hours.

• Compulsory - 9 hours/week and under

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Compulsory - 10 hours/week and up

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Optional - 12 hours/week and under

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Optional - 13 - 16 hours/week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Optional - 17 - 20 hours/week

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Optional - 21 - 24 hours/week

• Optional - 25 hours/week and up

• Elite - 30 hours/week and under

• Elite - 31 hours/week and up

• Total voters
i believe bookworm's daughter is a level 10.

and bookworm...quite frankly i don't know that I would be able to work that many hours in the summer coming off the JO season. it's bad enough when we have had elites and their season is in the summer. whew...keep the faith.:)

i believe bookworm's daughter is a level 10.

and bookworm...quite frankly i don't know that I would be able to work that many hours in the summer coming off the JO season. it's bad enough when we have had elites and their season is in the summer. whew...keep the faith.:)

You are correct Dunno, she is a Level 10 ...but i still think the number of hours is absurd!

Not sure yet! Tho from an email the coach sent it sounds like Level 4 will keep the same sched as it is now but level 5 and up will be doing Friday instead of Sat mornings!

Ours doesn't change at all, apart from the fact that the gymnasts have Sundays off for Family time. So in fact our gymnasts train fewer hours over the summer!
They do however, have the option to do an 'extra' 3 days per week, promoted as a summer camp for squad gymnasts only. We do camp for recreational gymnasts in the mornings and squad camp in the afternoons. The squad camp only runs on days when the gymnasts don't already train.

When does your club hand out summer schedules?

Ours is not officially out just yet but since I am a coach I know my daughter will be training 4 nights a week for 4 hours.

Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri 4-8.
So much for evenings dinners! Oh well.

Maybe June...not sure, but the sooner the better so I could start to plan things.

Our schedule is the same every summer. M-F 8am to 2pm. with about 15 minute break for a snack. This year they aren't starting with track every morning they are going to start with the Insanity workout.

Our schedule is the same every summer. M-F 8am to 2pm. with about 15 minute break for a snack. This year they aren't starting with track every morning they are going to start with the Insanity workout.
Little DD did Insanity at her old gym too! Oh my goodness that was INSANE!! But I have to ask... Is that wasted on the youth? Really I'm just kidding! I did used to say to friends who moaned and groaned when they talked about doing P90X , "DD does Insanity and she is..." They got a kick out of that everytime trying to envision her doing the exercises.

We FINALLY got our summer schedule this week. I like it. Tuesday 9-12, Wednesday 9-1:30, and Friday 9-2:30. That breaks down to 8 hours of gym and 4 hours conditioning/flexibility class. Wednesday and Friday includes 30 minutes for lunch. All three days will get a 15-20 minute break.

Very happy mom!!!! That gives us two weekdays off for swimming pool and afternoons and evenings free for whatever. Yay!

We will be staying with the evening schedules. When we were a smaller team, we had morning classes. Now that there are more than 20 something team girls, we will stay to an evening classes. The gym will be used for cheer camps during the day.

Just got Js summer schedule. Initially it was 30 hrs!! The whole parents group was not comfortable so went to the coaches and it was changed to M-F 9-2. Still seems like alot but we shall see.

Just got Js summer schedule. Initially it was 30 hrs!! The whole parents group was not comfortable so went to the coaches and it was changed to M-F 9-2. Still seems like alot but we shall see.

Holy cow, even our L7-10s don't do that many hours (they do 22 in the summer). Is there an hour lunch break? That would at least seem a little more "normal" for summer hours at 20 hours a week. And 30, that is insane, glad parents stepped up and said no.

I love DD's summer schedule. 8:30 - 1:30 M, T, Th, and F and 12-4 on Wednesdays.

My kids' summer schedule has me driving to two separate gyms but thankfully we carpool so I won't have to be picking up my son and dropping off my daughter at the same time! Dd who is training level 4 is going Mon. 2-4, and T/T/F from 4-6:30. DS who is training level 6 is going M,T,W,F from 1-4. DD was at the same gym as my ds, but we had to move her recently because of all of the chalk that hangs in the air there made her asthma unbearable. The other gym has fewer students and much more ventilation.

My daughter, Maggie, is trying to go L4. Mon/Wed 5:15 - 8:15 pm (or Tues/Thurs 5:15 - 8:15 pm) & Fridays Noon - 3:00 pm. Total of nine hours. Our gym is flexible at L3 & L4...the kids are allowed make-ups on opposite practice days.

Layla, 4 years old, will do Friday morning preschool and possibly one other class.

As of now...our L3 & L4 team workout evenings year round. L5 & up as well as boys team shift to mornings and mid-day in the summer.

EDIT: I put our summer schedule out in early April this year.

We got summer schedule this week - level 7 does Monday and Wednesday 8-1 and Tuesday and Thursday 12-4, with an hour of dance on Tuesday. Hard for working families, but they are offering camp from 8-4 everyday so that helps.

I added a poll to this thread...please come and vote!

After thinking we had our schedule earlier, DD's coach made a slight change. She wants the 2nd yr. 4's (DD included) to come 4 days a week for the summer. DD is actually excited because on the extra day, they get to work with the older girls on harder skills. She really wants to get her kip. ;) So, now it will be MWTh 4-7, F 12:30-3:30 just for the summer. I made it clear that I would only agree to her to go 4 days during the summer. They will go back to 3 days before school starts.

Since we live in the south, and the gym even though air conditioned, is a big metal building..they try to get them out of there before it gets in the trips outside. So the hours are from 9am-1pm M-F. Off on weekends. Depending on the level is how many days they go. DD will go on Wed, and Fri. For a total of 8 hrs. Once school starts back up.she will go back down to 6 hrs a week

Our gym does not change the workout schedule in the summer for the compulsaries. I am not sure about the optionals as we are not there yet!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back