Parents Banners for team awards

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So do you have team awards at all competitions?

No wonder you lot complain about awards and the cost - medals for nearly everyone, banners, trophies etc

Just thinking the same @OzZee, our trophy cabinets have never been more than about 36" square, and the fact that here, for the local comps, you give the trophy back the next year so it can be re-awarded. Each year the winning team gets their name on it.

The only banners we have are advertising banners

Seems a shame. The kids work so hard I bet they would love to see the results displayed in their gym.

Thing is, when you have multiple streams (JO, Xcel, T&T, AAU, Mens...), one your gym has been around for a while, you start to run out of space in a hurry. Think about it. Each of the levels of each of those teams do at least 5 meets per season. I mean... That's like over 100 Trophies/Banners per year.

We display them for the season in the lobby, and after that. We keep the important ones (state meet and above) and give the girls all the others. This way, the girls in the teams that worked hard for them get to take a piece of that hard work home with them.

Much better for them to take it home and appreciate it than for it to be yet another one of thousands of trophies/Banners collecting dust at the gym.

In our consumerist society, we need less stuff, not more. It would cost parents less, and there'd be less landfill, and fewer precious resources wasted. No kid ever died because they didn't win a medal/get a ribbon/get a banner at some tiny little regional meet.

(Wow, I'm going to be unpopular for saying this. I've sat here for quite some time trying to decide whether to press "Post Reply" or not. If you read this, I obviously threw caution to the wind.)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back