Off Topic Bikram Yoga - "Hot Yoga"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this form of yoga? I just started this and have had 2 classes so far and LOVE it! It is a 90 minute class done in a 105 degree room with 40% humidity. The class is a 26 posture series designed to scientifically warm and stretch muscles, ligaments and tendons, in the order in which they should be stretched. There are also so many other benefits from the profuse sweating and release of toxins.

I used to take Hatha yoga a few years ago and found it to be wonderful especially for my lower back problems. I discovered Bikram yoga and love it.

Just wanted to share!!!

I love yoga too but haven't been practising for a few years now. I have only done Hatha but I like the sound of hot yoga and stretching. Sounds brilliant. Im very jealous!

Oooh my friend did that on holiday, she said it was great! Her mum fainted though because she was too hot lol.

Yeah--it does get really hot and you really need to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water the day before you do a class. I have taken only two classes so far and I can already feel the effects--I am sleeping better (feel more rested and wake up easier) and I don't have the usual aches in my lower back. Now some parts of me are sore like my shoulders and hamstrings but my back feels great! My goal is to try to do 2 or 3 classes a week.

Here is a clip I found on youtube explaining Bikram yoga and the benefits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEzznV7LlyA

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back