Parents (Boys) Gym in Japan

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

lilmisssunshine

Proud Parent
Out of pure curiosity, I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with any famous gyms in Japan that focus on boys' competitive gymnastics. My husband is from Japan, and I often think about how fun it might be to spend the summer there. Since Japan's men's team is strong, it could be a good opportunity for my son to learn from other coaches. (Language is not an issue. He speaks Japanese.)

No suggestions but thought it was cool that he speaks Japanese. My oldest speaks Japanese as well!

Reactions: sce
No suggestions but thought it was cool that he speaks Japanese. My oldest speaks Japanese as well!

Awesome! Honestly, my son probably *understands* more than he *speaks*. We've always done one-parent-one-language at home and my husband still consistently speaks only Japanese. Recently, though, my son has taken to saying English words with Japanese pronunciation and stringing them together with the particles. When pressed, he *can* translate what he said into real Japanese, but his mind and mouth are just trying to go too fast. :)

That is fantastic. My oldest has an ear for languages and currently can read/understand German and Spanish and can speak English, German, and Japanese. he is now learning sign language. Next language is either Mandarian, Korean, Arabic or one of many other languages. He can't decide. not sure where he got this ability but he is now reading books in Japanese.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back