WAG Bruised or broken metatarsal

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I injured my foot last thursday on beam. I was doing aa layout stepout on low beam without panel mats as a warm up. I whipped it back a little bit and almost missed my first foot completely. The side of my foot hit the edge of the beam. The pain was pretty bad. I thought I broke my foot bc it hurt so bad. After a few mins I was able to get up and try another in the floor and do another on low beam with panel mats so I wouldn't be scared. It hurt pretty bad when I did it on the beam. I was able to do a few leaps and jumps on floor and decided to condition and leave. It swelled a little after it happened. The pain wasn't that bad the first night. On Friday I was able to walk but only on the outside of my foot. It still hurts and it's swollen. Not a lot of swelling but there is definite swelling. It's a little bruised. Sometimes it will start throbbing. I dont want to have to go to the doctor unless it doesn't start getting better in a few days. It hurts under my big toe on the bottom of my foot. It tingles sometimes and I can pinpoint the pain. Any ideas or experiences? I obviously know that I should go to the doctor and I might end up going. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    982.3 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    840.6 KB · Views: 54
When my dd broke her finger the dr asked her some questions. First - did it hurt instantly when you hurt it? her answer was yes. Second - he pressed all over asking "does this hurt"? Her answer was no until he hit the exact right spot and it was a very loud yes. He said based on that he thought it was broken - and he was right. I am no dr, and obviously can't give medical advice but that was what he was looking for to determine if it was a sprain or a break.

Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back