WAG CGM??? What is it??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

When I first started here, I thought it meant Competitive Gymnastics Mom, but came to understand it as fuzi defined it above.

I have seen a steady rise in the CGD over the last 10 years......there are quite a few at the new gym.....

Yes, I know 1 SuperCGD (everyone in the state and maybe the region knows of him), then a couple regular CGD, and one who only popped up at meets. He was "CGD who walked out onto the completion area, and yelled at a coach and then a judge because his snowflake was having a meltdown and crying and no one was paying attention to her." Yes, for real.

CGMs don't last long at our gym, lol. They either decide to take their precious stars to a gym farther away or switch to competitive dance and cheer :)

Honestly, the CGG are the worst. Generally they have more time on their hands to get overinvolved

Yep, we had one that would NOT stop talking about his granddaughter being "just a natural!" To anyone and everyone who would listen. He would yell directions to her from the parent viewing area, which I assume was frowned upon since he finally stopped doing it. [emoji23] He would talk to my dh about how awesome she was but he only had one problem, she would cry everyday before coming. To his shock, I'm sure, she quit before competing L4. But wow, you could see parents scatter as he came up the stairs.

I get it though! I have a MIL that will talk everyone's ears off about my dd. I just mouth "I'm sorry!" To them from behind her head. Bless them, they have no idea that all those kids are pretty awesome too!!

Oh my goodness, my mother in law. She's not a CGG, she's not that involved in the day to day, but at recitals and competitions she is constantly (loudly) comparing DD to the others that go. Like, "Oh, granddaughter was so much better than that." "Granddaughter is more flexible than everyone." "Granddaughter had the best vault." Etc. It really embarrasses me and I am constantly telling her to be quiet. And DD is not a superstar. Among the strong, talented group of pre-team girls she trains with, she is very average. Strong on some things, weak on others. Not that it would be any better if she WAS a super star. My mom does it too, but at least she's quieter about it.

Why can't they just be proud and amazed without comparing her to the other kids?

Oh my goodness, my mother in law. She's not a CGG, she's not that involved in the day to day, but at recitals and competitions she is constantly (loudly) comparing DD to the others that go. Like, "Oh, granddaughter was so much better than that." "Granddaughter is more flexible than everyone." "Granddaughter had the best vault." Etc. It really embarrasses me and I am constantly telling her to be quiet. And DD is not a superstar. Among the strong, talented group of pre-team girls she trains with, she is very average. Strong on some things, weak on others. Not that it would be any better if she WAS a super star. My mom does it too, but at least she's quieter about it.

Why can't they just be proud and amazed without comparing her to the other kids?
It's specifically in our team contract that comments like this are not allowed at meets (or anywhere for that matter). You should just tell her that's in your contract too and you wouldn't want anyone to ask her to leave :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back