Anon Chalk Warrior

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

Anonymous (919f)

*Posting anon because this might be a bit controversial*

Does anyone know why Chalk Warrior is so popular?

It seems to be crazy popular on Instagram, from the mom-managed Level 3 accounts to teenage college recruitment accounts.

However, they just seem like very overpriced leotards to me? They range from $90-$130 per leo (other Leo brands, like Destira and GK Elite, only cost $30-$70 per leo, and, in my opinion, are often better designed). Not to mention that almost all Chalk Warrior leotards are sold out or in limited sizes.
Maybe I just don't understand leotards, but I don't get the hype...

I'm betting they are sending free leos to popular accounts that agree to promote them. I agree that they are overpriced and nothing special.

Funny - I always wondered the same thing. I am really glad my kid doesn't know what Chalk Warrior is.

it seems to be a thing for girls who want to be insta famous. The brand seems to try to capitalize on that and it feels kind of gross to me. I also am not a fan of the beauty pageant type pics they use for promotion. My daughter rolls her eyes and laughs at it- she says it trends very toddlers and tiaras and not the actual sport.

We own several CW leo’s and are NOT Insta-famous or trying to be. My daughter just loves all sparkles, and Ozone leotards fit her best anyway. They are essentially just custom Ozone leotards that are made in limited quantities, they used to pretty much require a membership to buy them, but they’ve changed things now. And while they do sell out right away, I’ve had no issues buying what I wanted as long as I remeber to log on at the right time. I refuse to pay over retail costs, some people are crazy paying $200 or sometimes more. Oh and the ambassadors for CW all have to buy their stuff, they are t getting it for free. Which seems nuts to me, but there’s hundreds of other girls looking for that Insta-ambassador-status that will all do it for first dibs on buying their stuff.

I wouldn't say it's popular. You see them from time to time... but not many. It's like anything... when Plum came out... tons of kids at our gym had to have them. Is Plum still worn... yes... but not like it was. When you have a group of girls at a club all buying them... they are popular at that club.

I can honestly say that I have never seen a Chalk Warrior leotard in our gym.

We are seeing lots of Salute leos now as they are saying they are comfortable. I think it started with all the college gymnasts wearing them... but now they just say they are comfortable.

Last edited:
I am SO GLAD we go to a gym where the leo brand means absolutely zilch. Most girls wear old meet leos. Our gym is funny - it's an affluent area, frequently listed in the "top places in America" type lists... and people live in million dollar homes while driving subarus (a lot of man buns, I should add) and use recycled grocery bags. But no fancy leos - I will take it.

That’s a good point JBS, they are popular in the sense they make very limited numbers and sell out quick. However I’ve never seen any in our gym other than the few my daughter wears. They may seem popular if you’re scrolling through the insta-gymmies but that’s just a weird subsection of the general gymnastics population.

I never heard of Chalk Warrior leos so I looked it up. I think they are overall just 'meh' but the hand print on them is super triggering for me, like I keep thinking it's chalk.

In my opinion, its all pretty scammy. You can pay up to 19.99/month to "subscribe" to them, get your picture and socials listed in their directory, and to get access to limited edition merchandise. The demand isn't really all that high...they just keep the supply really low to inflate the hype. Luckily they don't have any popularity in our gym.

OMG. There’s a mom on fb bragging about buying a plane ticket to fly to congress this morning at 5am to buy the exclusive CW that’s being sold there, and then flying directly home. The leotard doesn’t even have real rhinestones on it. I’m rolling my eyes so hard.

I think it's another example of overzealous parents personally. I don't think they are popular at my daughter's gym, at least not in the upper optional group she is part of. But I know they are popular with certain instagram accounts and on certain facebook groups. It feels like leo obsessed and social media obsessed moms are the ones driving demand and making it seem like they are highly desirable. Idk, it's puzzling to me in general how crazy some people are with buying and owning hundreds of leotards. As if the sport wasn't expensive enough. :rolleyes:

OMG. There’s a mom on fb bragging about buying a plane ticket to fly to congress this morning at 5am to buy the exclusive CW that’s being sold there, and then flying directly home. The leotard doesn’t even have real rhinestones on it. I’m rolling my eyes so hard.
That's a new level of crazy! At least stay for the meet.

Why?! This is insane, not to mention a huge waste of time (and money). I know parents who are flying (with their gymnast) to watch Championships live - and I fully understand that and would have done the same if I could. Flying just to get a sparkly leotard, that I do not understand.

Yeah...I see pics on the same FB group of girls that have hundreds of leos in their current size. How and why? Seems so wasteful. We rotate through like 10 with 4 days at the gym a week.

*Posting anon because this might be a bit controversial*

It seems to be crazy popular on Instagram, from the mom-managed Level 3 accounts to teenage college recruitment accounts.

However, they just seem like very overpriced leotards to me? They range from $90-$130 per leo (other Leo brands, like Destira and GK Elite, only cost $30-$70 per leo, and, in my opinion, are often better designed). Not to mention that almost all Chalk Warrior leotards are sold out or in limited sizes.
Maybe I just don't understand leotards, but I don't get the hype...
They are Ozone leotards, bottom line. I don't understand the hype. My daughter wears a lot of Little Stars, and they are just as pretty if not more so than Chalk Warrior. They are also lower-priced, even with the exchange rate. Lots of GK and regular Ozone leotards are also just as pretty and cost less. I could understand it if only certain athletes were able to wear them, like national team members or TOPS athletes, but if anyone can buy them, what's the big deal?

I wouldn't say it's popular. You see them from time to time... but not many. It's like anything... when Plum came out... tons of kids at our gym had to have them. Is Plum still worn... yes... but not like it was. When you have a group of girls at a club all buying them... they are popular at that club.

I can honestly say that I have never seen a Chalk Warrior leotard in our gym.

We are seeing lots of Salute leos now as they are saying they are comfortable. I think it started with all the college gymnasts wearing them... but now they just say they are comfortable.

Comfortable, but not great quality. Also, they don't have much support because they are basically like wearing a T-shirt. Just my 2 cents. My kid had a couple but sold/gave them away because she felt like she wasn't "supported" and like she was in her underwear. LOL!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back