Parents Changes after meet registration

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

IreneKa

Proud Parent
Reaction score
I know meets usually post the scratch deadline, but what exactly do they allow to change?
As some of you might remember DD was placed in level 2 at the beginning of the season, but HC promised that she might be able to move up to level 3 after she learns all the required skills. I've been talking to her coaches, and they think she should be able to move up in January. She already had one L2 meet, another one is coming up in 2 weeks, and then one more at the end of December. After that we have 3 more meets, that I'm hoping she can go to as L3, and then states.
We were told that all the meet registrations will be done by December 1st, but we still don't know for sure if she'll be moving up or not. If they register her as L2, will we be able to change it to L3 later? And then there is a meet that only L2 are going to, and another one that L3 and up are going, but not L2. Would they allow to add\remove a gymnast?

Depends on the meet--some meets will have room to move her to level 3, but others might be full in that session. The coach just needs to contact the meet director and ask.

Most meet hosts communicate a date by which level changes must be submitted. Your coaches (or parents association if they handle that stuff) should know what the deadline is.

But it's not impossible, right? If we find out mid-December, we might be able to change at least some of the meets?

dd changed her registration/moved up from old 5 to 6 one year AT the meet and they were incredibly kind. (big invitational in the Pacific Northwest).... coach simply had to call meet director, they moved her over nuff said - Now it might have been different in lower, more "crowded" levels...and at different meets....but if its what the coach wants they will likely know how to make it happen for your dd! (sometimes coaches don't know if a kid will "make it" until the last moment....

Irene -

It all depends on the meet. For a huge meet like Chicago Style, they will publish a date that levels need to be finalized. For a smaller invitational, the meet director may accept changes on the day of the meet (I have done that). Think about why this is important. Meet directors buid thier session schedule by level and its all about numbers. Changing one or two here and there is probably not a big deal, but when you have 6000 athletes it takes some time to finalize the schedule and you can't be dealing with changes beyond a certain point. My suggestion would be to have the coach get in contact with the host club (not you, the coach).

Good Luck.

Thank you all! I just needed to know if it's an option to have her switch later, or I need to push the coaches into making the decision now. Just don't want to look like one of "those" moms. :)

I've seen things like this done at the scoring table during open stretch. So, yes, it is possible. Just depends on the meet director, how big the meet is, and how crowded the sessions are. The meet director tries to balance out the sessions and the squads ahead of time, so late changes like this can throw things off. As others have said: possible but not guaranteed.

Our coaches have said 2 weeks is usually when levels need to be finalized around here.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back