Parents Cheetah Cups - can't get rid of the stank. Help!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
Hi! My daughter is wearing Cheetah Cups for Sever's and I cannot get rid of the smell. I tried Tide sports odor detergent. Any recommendations would be so appreciated. Thank you.

If you want to try something before pitching and replacing, you could try:
2 parts doTERRA On Guard Cleaner Concentrate, 3 parts vinegar, and 3 parts water in a spray bottle. Spray down the cheetah cups and put them into a gallon ziplock baggie. After 12 hours, rinse them. Check. If the smell is any better, you can repeat the process or do straight-up On Gaurd and vinegar in the baggie with the cups.

You can also try dousing in vodka which has been shown to remove smells really well. Then allow them to dry outdoors in direct sunlight which kills bacteria.

Throw the current ones away. The new ones should be sprayed with rubbing alcohol or cheap vodka and allowed to dry after every use. Get two pairs and alternate so they have time to dry. But honestly, at some point even rubbing alcohol can’t kill the smell and you start over.

Try a zinc powder or a zinc based spray. Zinc kills bacteria as well just like vodka. Also, you can buy silver solution too, but I'd be cautious as it could be absorbed through the skin.

Going forward, perhaps try the clinical deodorant (the stuff you apply the night before and then wash off.

Check with your sporting goods store to determine if they have something for hockey/football equipment. If it works there it may work here!

In addition to doing the maintenance steps recommended above, you might try throwing in sports sachets wherever she stores them. My DD doesn’t use cheetah cups, but my DS plays hockey and I have two Gear Halo brand sachets in his hockey bag. He’s only played for a year and we let his equipment dry before storing it, but his bag and equipment smell like fresh laundry thanks to the sachets…hoping it lasts!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back