Coaches Coach brag thread

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
Reaction score
Haven't had one of these in awhile. What cool stuff have your kids accomplished lately?

I've been working with this upper-level boys group since returning to coaching a little over a year ago. They were struggling with tumbling and dismounts, so I've basically spent the last year working hard with them on trampoline, heavily emphasizing twisting technique and use of visual cues.

And over the last couple practices, now it's all coming together. I had one guy nail a clean double back 1/1-out off rings today, another got his on trampoline, a third got his tkatchev on high bar, and all three are confidently twisting double saltos into the pit off a mini tramp.

It's like everything we've been doing for the last year has finally clicked, all at the same time, and suddenly they are comfortable and confident in the air in a way they never were before.

None of this is going to hard landings yet, but the fact that they are confident and comfortable and know where they are in the air is a huge step forward for all of them.

EDIT: OH, I ALMOST FORGOT THE BEST PART OF TONIGHT'S PRACTICE:
I have successfully brainwashed this group of boys; they were goofing off, procrastinating, and avoiding their assignments on rings. Laughing and joking the whole time, clearly in the "I'm avoiding work and getting away with it" sort of mindset.
Now what, you may ask, were they doing instead of their assignments?
They were conditioning. That's their idea of goofing off.
Brainwashing successful

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

THE BEST OF ALL TIME

Back