Anon Coaching changes and camp cancellations?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

ORgymmom

Proud Parent
When a NCAA team runs a camp in the summer, they’re typically run by the coaches themselves who have been given the privilege to do so as part of their coaching contract. What happens if there is a head coach change between camp registration and the camp itself?

My daughter is signed up for a camp this summer and the team recently announced a coaching change. Payments went to an LLC with the name of the coach. Has anyone experienced this in past years and can I expect for it to be cancelled? I don’t think we mind missing out on the camp if it doesn’t happen but I’m debating how likely it is that I’ll need to find something else for her to do just in case it is cancelled. I haven’t received a reply to my emailed questions to the camp. But I’m also not sure if that coach still has access to that email account.

I know most programs run the camps as a money maker for the programs. I am unaware of any camp that the money generated goes directly to the coach. Since gymnastics is a revenue loser for athletic departments they run these camps to help lower the deficit. Some schools like Georgia used Kupets name as a draw, but I highly doubt a college will cancel a summer camp and lose all that money. So it depends on how much staff turnover they might have where they may have to scramble to get organized and oriented with the new staff to conduct the camp.

Contact the respective athletic departments they are usually sponsoring the camps and can provide you with best answers and options in case the camp gets cancelled.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Such a cool transition! 🤩

2024 Gymnastics For All GymFest

Back