Coming back from an injury...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastralo

So I have had to take like 6 month off of gymnastics because my back, and im about to go back but im really nervous because I have gained a lot of weight. Before I got injuried I weighed around 92 but now im 106. im 14 yrs. old and 4ft 11. I havent grown in height but I think i look stubby now in a leo. HELP! im SELF CONCIOUS....YIKES AND EMBARRASED I THINK I HAVE A BIG BUTT...

Try not to focus on it. Nobody is going to be looking at how you look in a leo. They are all there for gymnastics. Plus, everyone has things they don't like about their bodies. You just have to accept yourself, flaws and all, and then move on. Focus on your training, doing your skills well, and getting strong again! What's important is being a good gymnast, not being a certain weight or measurement.

I had 6 months of a well because of my back and i felt a little bit out of it at first because i had missed state and that was what every one was talking about also i had put on weight

The first day back i had a talk to my coach about the things i did not know i went in a different group with the girlz that where doing a lower level. They turned out really nice and i felt better because if i had went in my normal group i wold of felt sad coz they where better than me.
Also i did other exercises like swimming and i got some flex and strengh exercises to get me back
I know how nerve racking it could be but you need to talk to your coach tell her what you are feeling.
Good luck

Remember musle weighs more than fat

Honestly my heart just sank when I read you were 14 with these worries (which seem more about self image than loss of condition/skills).
Outside of the gym - and assuming you have little muscle, which is doubtful - you're actually quite tiny by normal person standards. I doubt you could possibly have a big butt at that size, but if you do you should console yourself that you have a fashionable figure.
As for gymnastics, you'll lose weight from your training over the next couple of months without having to change your diet.
In the meantime, your body will have to lift the extra weight which will be harder - like training with footweights - and as you get lighter you'll start to feel you're flying by comparison so watch out you don't over-rotate when it happens!!
PS: The weight gain may also be appropriate to your teenaged growth/development - not just about reduced training - we don't only grow vertically at your age, and you'll be glad of it ... eventually!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry about it! Like others have said, no one is going to care what you look like! I am sure that you are still really tiny! And once you get back into gymnastics again, you will get more of your muscle back and lose more weight. If you haven't gone back yet and you still feel really self concious, you could start conditioning like you would in the gym at home. That way, once you get to gym, you won't be as exghausted (sp?) with the training.
Just focus on your gymnastics, not how you look. No one is going to care what you look like, they will just be glad to have to back on the team!!

Thanks for your advice. If any one else has any advice please feel free to add.

Any other advice is appriciated please
heey yea try not to focus on it.....i know how you feel i was off for a really long time too and everyone was telling me....your going through stuff and soon youll groww and be taller so all that weight will spread out and soon youll feeel more comforitable with it everyone has things that they dont like about their body but you have to deal with it, thats life and just have a fun time at gym:) work on your training and improving what you can the more you work at gym then it will all go away

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back