WAG Communication

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sounds typical to me, at our gym they tell us up front basically no news means good news, if a child is progressing normally and there's no cause for concern, they don't communicate anything, if there is an issue, we will know in a timely fashion. However, if we do have questions we are free to ask, but they request to keep progress questions at a minimum, since there are so many gymnasts, replying to regular progress questions could take a considerable amount of time.

As far as scheduling, meet dates, gym closures etc. we will know when they know, we all know not to ask about that.

We get plenty of info regarding schedules, meets, tuition etc. I really feel that it is very well communicated to us what the expectations are of us as parents and for our children regarding those things. At the lower levels the coaches are a bit more communicative as they tend to know that this is the parents first time to the rodeo so to speak. As they move up though it gets to be a little less so, but frankly that is ok as I don't really need to know much right now. BTDT. DD will progress how she is going to progress. I trust the coaches, and they know that I do. Once or twice a year they do meetings where you can ask specific questions, but generally I don't have any. you can also text/ email them any time if needed and they are pretty good about getting back to you. If there is something major going on you can get a meeting with the HC. I think in the beginning I wished there was more communication, but now at this point, I get it, and it is plenty for me.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back