WAG Craziest competition gifts!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think a lot of times the gifts are tied to the meet's sponsors. So if a couple restaurants and a drug store sponsor a meet, the gymnasts might get coupons to the restaurants and a water bottle with the drug store's name on it.

At a meet a few years ago they gave scarves and gloves...we thought that was a little odd, but that day the temperature suddenly dropped and it very unexpectedly snowed 4 inches (this was in the South) while we were at the meet. Most of the girls had left for the meet that morning with only their warm-ups and no winter clothing at all, so we were glad to have them!

Usually these "better" gifts are at meets that cost $200 or more to enter and are usually attended by gym from all over the country.

$200 or more?!? I've attended some of the biggest meets in the country (both as a competitor and coach) and NONE of them cost $200!

$200 or more?!? I've attended some of the biggest meets in the country (both as a competitor and coach) and NONE of them cost $200!

I think that is what it ends up with after the gym's coaches costs are added in. We aren't told what part of the fee is the meet fee and what part are coaches fees. When only a few go (5 - 8) to a meet and we have to pay for the plane/transportation, hotel and food for a few coaches it adds up fast. I know we didn't pay less than $125 to attend any meet last year and our most expensive was $250 (it was also the furthest from where we are).

I want gymnast pasta! Anyway, the weirdest thing I've ever gotten from a meet was a size XXL Aeropostale shirt that had nothing to do with gymnastics and was a dress on me!

I also got a waterbottle that was from Nationals- but I got the waterbottle from some random invitational, not Nationals!

My favourite gift has been t-shirts and wristbands.

We have gotten thermoes,wrist bands,and we will be getting a leo for up and coming meet.. My daughter wins the handstand contests at most gyms that hold them.. She has gotten t shirts and her all time fav was a huge hershey bar with a cool wrapper that she saved..Not the chocolate just the wrapper..LOL

Bella has been really lucky, it looks like....

She's received leos, shorts, tshirts, water bottles, cosmetic bags, and other stuff I don't remember but never anything bizarre. I have heard of a gym giving the lower compulsory girls make up that ended up being old and dried up but she wasn't on team at that point so we didn't have to deal with that.

I am totally trying to find a picture of the pasta to show you guys...it's so cute, we don't want to eat it. But, yes...it was really, really out there!

IMAG0577[1].jpg
told ya! VERY cute...but odd... It was a great fundraiser...pastabilities...check it out. Weird sells well.

When my daughter was a level 4, she actually received a live gold fish as a competition gift. The meet handed them out to all the girls sitting on the floor waiting for awards. Some were already dead when they were handed out and others didn't even make it the 3 hour drive home before they died. Luckily, my daughter's lived for about 6 months. It was really weird.

When my daughter was a level 4, she actually received a live gold fish as a competition gift. The meet handed them out to all the girls sitting on the floor waiting for awards. Some were already dead when they were handed out and others didn't even make it the 3 hour drive home before they died. Luckily, my daughter's lived for about 6 months. It was really weird.

At least PETA didn't catch word of it! ;) Can you imagine being the little girl who gets a baggie with a dead fish in it? Or the parents of a child who is freaking out in the back seat because their goldfish is going through death throes? Honestly that is the best-intentioned-worst-thought-out idea I have ever heard!

Okay, THAT is the strangest meet gift I have ever heard of!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back