Parents crazy parents

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
I had the luck of running into one of these crazy moms at our gym. Long story short she actually marched onto the gym floor in the middle of practice to complain to the coach about some other parents who were watching their children at practice. She was mad we were there watching!!! It was insane. I felt as if I was back in high school and I'm not sure why in the world any grown women would act like that, what made it worse was her husband was right at her side going along with the whole thing. I feel bad because her daughter seems to be a good gymnast and the girls really like her. However with her crazy and just down right nasty behavior and attitude she is bound to end up alienating herself and he daughter from the rest of the team.

What was her complaint? That they were watching or because of something they were doing?

I would be concerned about why any coach would let a parent or parents on the gym floor. There are lots of reasons why this should be prohibited, safety being number 1!

Wow she is crazy lol. I am just thankful that I dont have to listen to it anymore. At the moment all the parents get on quite well, so hopefully we don't get another parent like the one we had lol.

What was her complaint? That they were watching or because of something they were doing?

Well see it was he first time our girls practiced with the team and we wanted to stay and watch and see what was going on...our girls are young 5 & 6 so 3 hrs is a long time. Nothing happened at all..her child is not new to team and only the new ones got to watch. Really she just wanted to start drama.

My DD is 5 on L4 team and I stay for almost every 3.5 hour practice. Parents are allowed to stay, but very few do. DD just isn't comfortable being left. I told her when school starts at the end of August I'm going to have to start leaving her. I'd be upset if another parent complained about me watching. Our children have different comfort levels and that's between a parent and a child.

Luckily for me most of our parents are really nice.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back