WAG Cuboid bone injury

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

littlegirlsdream

Proud Parent
Can anyone share their experience or knowledge with a cuboid injury. It would seem this is an injury that is going to take a looooooong time to heal:(

What happened to the bone? My DD had a dislodged Cuboid bone last summer that was fixed instantly.

She sprained her ankle doing an Aerial. We saw three doctors who said "mild sprain". After going to a college camp and a TOPs camp with this diagnosis (and unable to do a back tuck due to the injury), I took her to my PT.

She poked and proded and said her Cuboid bone had slipped out of placed. She pushed it back where it goes and the next day, the back tuck was possible again!

Evidently, the bone is too small to see well on an X-ray. I hope this is what your DD has. Once we had the diagnosis, the fix was instant.

Dd broke cuboid (doctors told us it was impossible to break short of being hit bit a truck!)

1 week back slab cast, 3 weeks full weight bearing cast then off. She really struggled with cast immobilization pain when it came off but was probably back to tumbling (with strapping) about 8 weeks after the initial break.

Hope your dd heals quickly.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back