Parents Dare-devil kids

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This is the gym we have to work with. I will just have to be strict with her and make sure she doesn't do it anymore until she is ready, whenever that may be. She will be mad, but the coaches cannot watch her all the time. She performs above other kid's her age at her gym so is in a class with 7-10 year olds who are more capable of self-regulation, but she is only five and has impulse control issues any way. There are too many girls in the class, but nothing I can do about that.

It sounds like she isn’t mature enough to be in this class if she has to be watched every second or she will do something potentially dangerous. Part of advancing is being mature and following directions. Those are probably the most important “skills” at this age.

She has learned the rules and is doing great! Honestly no one sat down with her to explain the rules. She has matured a lot in the last few months and I am happy to report has made friends with the 7-10 year olds on her team. We went to open gym today and I heard a few squeals with delight that she was there. I do wonder how she will handle the next 9 months waiting to compete when she has all the skills already. I thought her skill acquisition would slow, but it hasn't. For instance today at open gym she was doing back handspring step outs. How she thought to do this, no clue! How she knew out to do it, no clue! Seems her daredevilness is being cultivated well!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back