DD got her acceptance letter today! Will be a collegiate gymnast.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My older DD's dream officially came true today when she got her acceptance letter from Wilson College in Pa. Wilson's coach had approached Caileigh at her Level 8 State meet to ask her if she had ever thought of continuing with gymnastics through college. While this had been Caileigh's dream for years, she thought that it would never happen as a broken leg and some pretty significant back problems had kept her at Level 8 for the past 4 years. Despite the injuries though, Caileigh never lost her love for gymnastics and has become a role model for the younger girls at our gym - teaching them that it is not always about the trick or the medal, but about giving your best all the time. Caileigh is the only gymnast left from a team of 21 girls on her Level 4 team 11 years ago, and now she will be the first gymnast from our gym to continue on and compete at the NCAA Collegiate level. Wilson is a fairly small all women's college and an NCAA Div III school. As an added bonus, the school is less than an hour away from home, and less than half an hour from our gym, so Caileigh will be able to stay in touch with the coaches who have been her other parents - she has been at the same gym for 18 years - and the younger girls at our gym will be able to come and see her at the Wilson home meets.
Meanwhile, we are not done with USAG Gymnastics. Emily, our 16 yr old DD is working to rehab from her ACL reconstruction this past April, and is planning on competing Level 8 again this fall. She still does not know how far she wants to pursue her gymnastics, but does know she wants to compete again this year.
I can't really put into words how proud I am of both of my daughters right now. They have both come up against obstacles that would have stopped many girls, and neither one has given up. For Caileigh, all the hard work and tears have been rewarded by the thrill of being recruited by a college who wants her as a member of their team. Now on to the next chapter in her gymnastics career.

what an encouraging story! Your dd sounds like a very special person! She should be very proud of herself!

Congrats! to both your dd's and best wishes to them this year.

Congratulations!!! What a great opportunity for your daughter! She sounds like a great girl and role model:)

Congratualtions and what a wonderful story! Your gymmie is an inspiration to all the gymnasts and parents on the CB. Way to go!!!

WOW!! Congratulations!!!! What an inspirational story!!!! That is just so awesome!!!! You must love the fact that the college is nearby home for weekend visits, but far enough away for her to gain some independence--truly the best of both worlds!!! Let her know we all wish her the best of luck at school and in her collegiate gymnastics career!!!

All I can say is WOW. Well done to your girls. They sounds like great girls and rolemodels. So glad her dream of college came true. wonderful.

Wow what a great story! So glad to hear that her dreams are becoming a reality! Let us know how her college gymnastics are going! CONGRATS!!

WOW huge congrats= that is a terrific thing and sounds like she is a good teacher/role model too. I know my little one dreams of that one day, several of the girls from her gym have gone onto NCAA and Liv looks up to them, so for Caileigh to be the first at her gym is special! It is not easy to get that far down the road in this sport so it is quite an accomplishment :) Wish her the best next year!!!

Congrats to to your daughter!! That is a wonderful story and I wish her all the best in college :)

Best of luck to your 16 yr old with her "come back" and I hope she has a great season :)

I am so proud of both of your girls and they are not even mine. Their dedication really shows how much they love the sport. Congratulations to your oldest and I am wishing your younger daughter a speedy recovery time and a speedy return to level 8.

I LOVE your story. Just goes to show that the girls who persevere through gymnastics because they LOVE it can carry on into the collegiate ranks. Congrats to her!

Congratulations to your daughter! Well, both of them! Persevering through injuries, etc is HUGE and the fact that they have stuck with it through the hard times shows their love of gym! Thanks for sharing their stories! They are inspirations!

That is great news and an inspirational story. I often wonder how many of these girls get to compete after high school, so it is so nice to see someone fulfill a dream.

This is certainly an example of good things happenng to good people. You must be busting with pride over your oldest getting to continue gymnastics in college. Nice that she will be close to home so you can get to some meets.

Best wishes to dd#2 and she continues on her come back journey. Hope she has a great season!

Wow, that is fantastic! What a great story and life lesson about perseverance and going after your dreams. Best of luck to your dd in college! She must be over the moon!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back