Parents DD makes the big decision today

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
Hi,

Well, I told my dd that today she needs to decide to either quit gym, or stick it out for another month. She has been talking about quitting all week, and one of her coaches has said some things to her that has only encouraged her to quit.

I'm terrified that she will quit, but also want her to be the one to decide. I want her to be happy, and she isn't happy right now.

She acted happy last weekend, when we went to a meet and she stayed to watch all three sessions (13 hours). She didn't compete, but I could tell she really wanted to. Ugh, this switching back and forth is difficult on both of us.

Hope she can come to a decision. Is there any way she can just take a break for a month? Then decide? Instead of making a final decision now? This is always hard. Especially when they themselves are torn. Hugs to you both.

I agree with Marisposa, as I often do, can she take a break and see how she feels. Making a decision just like that is very hard. I am sure that some distance from the gym will give her a chance to think without having to quit outright.

I feel for you, it is hard to let go of it all.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Actually, she has been thinking this over for a few weeks, if not months. Today was just a deadline because we were paid up until the end of this month.

Unfortunately, if we decided to take a break, then she would lose her "spot" at the gym, or we would have to pay the full tuition. They do not allow breaks. Even when she was forced to break a few years ago due to medical reasons, we still had to pay the tuition.

She decided to stick it out for another month. I'm glad she made that choice, but it didn't help that she was berated again by that same coach today.

I told the gym they have one month to encourage her. I hope they do.

Good luck to her! I tell my daughter that she has to decide if she loves the sport--and if she does that has to come before any coach she dislikes. Ignore the tone and listen to the message. I hope whatever she decides this month, that she's happy with her decision.

Good luck to her! I tell my daughter that she has to decide if she loves the sport--and if she does that has to come before any coach she dislikes. Ignore the tone and listen to the message. I hope whatever she decides this month, that she's happy with her decision.

I really like how you put that.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back