Parents DD's latest meet . . .

• Thread starter Thread starter thnkGd4kds
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
T

thnkGd4kds

was this past weekend. It was a good one for her, although, if you just focused on her placements, you might think it was just okay. However, they had a large group with a wide age range.

Floor: Nice routine, a little "fast" in the dance part a couple times, maybe, and her turn ended slightly off, but another good floor. 9.25, 5th place

Vault: Normal, solid vault. Although she has been consistently in the 9s on vault, at this meet, no teeny girls got out of the 8s, even though we saw some fantastic vaults from them. This was a low-scoring event the whole weekend, I guess, but at least the judging was consistent. 8.775, 12th place

Bars: Sharp routine, especially on the giant and dismount. She almost got that clear hip to 45 degrees! Her coaches are trying to get her to do the routine on the high bar, but she's hesitant to practice that much for some reason, which is really unusual for her. 9.125, 7th place

Beam: A couple wobbles, one leg noticeably bent on the bwo bhs, but otherwise, good. 9.15, 8th place

36.25 AA, 6th place

As far as the placements go, I felt a bit bad for Cait, as she would've placed 3rd AA if the age groups would've been like they usually are, but I really felt bad for a little girl who was 8 and competing in that same big age group. Oh, well, I guess that's part of the meet experience, and, as a good friend said, as she goes up in levels as a relatively young gymmie, it's probably more common to be grouped in a wider age range. What's more important than placements is that Caitlyn was proud of herself, as she should be; that's all that matters. (It helps that she really wanted to beat a girl that swept everything last year at states, and she did. I think she cared more about that than placements at this particular meet! :))

Yeah, you can't worry about placements--it's fun to do well in placing, but have to concentrate more on how you did your routine--you can't affect how others do theirs! Congrats to her on a great meet!!

Great meet for Cait! Those are great scores and it sounds like she executed all her routines beautifully. Those big age groups are tough, but Cait still placed really well.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back