WAG Difficulty of Onodi?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
My coach was telling me that learning an onodi on beam this year would be great. (An onodi is basically an arabian backhandspring/front walkover)

I know the skill is valued at an E, but I can do several D skills on the event (Switch side, tuck full, and a D level Pak Salto on bars).

I have only done the skill on the floor so far, but it seemed relativley easy for me. Does anyone have any experience doing this on the beam? Do you think I could learn it in a few months?

I LOVE watching the Onodi on beam. Its such an elegant, old school skill. Just follow your coach's instruction, gain your confidence on the low beam and work your way up.

My DD would like to learn one on floor, but it's not like the top on the list of the skills they are focusing on in her L6 class ;) - she loves watching them on beam and wants to be able to do one some day (she has a flexible back and legs and is really great at beam front walkovers already, so it does seem like someday she may be able to do one if she stays w/ gymnastics). If her coach won't teach her one, maybe she'll ask them at camp if they can help her work on it for fun...again, this is just floor version ;), she'd be years away from even *thinking* about one on beam! Good luck...I'm just a parent, but I'd think trying it on a low beam w/ two panel mats on either side would be the first step...kinda like the same method for learning a backhandspring...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

NEW COMBO for Suni Lee? 🥇

Back