WAG Do you ever....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

happychaos

Proud Parent
Reaction score
Do you ever click on a gymnastics video on youtube, and instantly think "oh my gosh...that's my DD's gym" ? I then spend a few seconds squinting at the banners on the wall, and the number of balance beams, and then decide that no, it is just another gym with blue carpet, white walls, and chalk dust in the air. EVERY TIME!

I clicked on a video not too long ago and it WAS our gym! LOL But it wasn't one of our girls. It was a girl from another gym and the video was from a meet we hosted.

Too funny...that's never happened to me. But on more than one occasion I have clicked on a video of a random girl competing at a meet, to find girls from our gym as "extras" wandering around in the video. I always get a kick out of that.

I've watched videos of girls competing at one of our meets, then see myself standing as security, or floor manager, etc. DD thinks that is hilarious.

I have never seen our gym, our meet venue or our gymnasts in random videos.

It was quite funny to see myself in the background working the meet in the videos my dad took of DD's last home meet. I also attended the coaches' meeting on the floor at an away meet last year (our coach wanted me to experience it, as I was learning to be a meet director) - I might be in the background of many people's video of the march in!

I like to look at team websites (those that allow public access). One of the teams in our district has a bunch of photos heading the front page of the site and one of the pics is of one of their girls at a meet in our gym - the wall in the background is unmistakable :). I also peruse youtube for videos that may have ppl I know - like when there are videos from YMCA Nationals, I have seen our coaches and gymnasts or coaches from other teams in the district. It's fun!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back