Does anyone make/customise their own leotards?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

For anyone who's interested, Jalie are bringing out a new gym leo pattern very soon. It doesn't have the panels that the other one has - it has normal leotard legline or a 'boyshort' legline - I just spotted it in the Jalie blog... The advantage of this is that it would be easy to decorate with appliques or stones, or if you have a really fancy lycra that doesn't need the extra panel in the top
3138.jpg
3138_back.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :D

colour number two

FILE0014.jpg

FILE0015.jpg

Took me about 4 hours to make each one start to finish - probably quicker if I had an overlocker and cut out more than one at a time.

Really looking forward to that other pattern comming out.

'Margo

Great Job Margo! I am so impressed with your first leo's and your daughter is a cutie! You should be proud of yourself.

I think you have done a great job. I am really impressed and it has made me want to try!

Thanks guys - she is cute, rarely, normally she is a demanding, frustrating, infuriating stoppy mare who I love to bits !

Now I know what my mother went through :rolleyes: :D

So....totally....impressed with what you did. The leo's are so adorable and so is your DD. I wish I was talented enough to do such a project but I am afraid my creation would make my daughter shudder! LOL

well - just thought I share effort 3 - made 8 of them for the club and if I never see another butterfly again it will be too soon ! Took me 4 hours just to cut them all out !

FILE0024.jpg Front

FILE0025.jpg Back

Fabric is from Fabric land - much cheaper than anywhere else !

sorry to be boring but this is mini-me modleing effort 4 - its going to be the team leo for the junior competitive squad

FILE0034.jpgFront

FILE0035.jpg Back

will be selling from the club for about $40

Can I just say that I am sooo impressed?! It is so amazing that you can not only make leos, but that they are so good the team is using them for competitions! That's really great! :)

Very cute Leotards. You did an awesome job on all of them. I like the ones with the butterfly's. Soon you will be able to do all sorts of stuff.

Awesome job! I absolutely love them!!
I keep telling my Mom to try making them, she sews a whole bunch but she insists that, that kind of material is way to hard to work with.

I would really recommend the Jailie pattern 3138

http://www.jalie.com/jalie3138-tank-leotard-and-biketard.html

once you work out the instuctions its very easy to use / customise. You need to have either a serger or an overlock stitch on your sewing machine ( I actually bought a Toyota serger - its much quicker if you are doing lots).

Make sure your fabric is 4 way stretch, otherwise your gymnast will strtch and the leo will not !

Attach bling with gemtac glue.

The pattern recommends 0.7m per leo, I have found that I can get approx 10 leos from 4 m of fabric in the smaller sizes (6,7,8),

have fun making up loads of designs !

'margo - where are you buying your fabric?

Fabricland are a good place to get mystique but if you're paying the prices of funkifabrics or glitter and dance, for a good number of leotards it's worthwhile looking at spandexworld in New York - even with the shipping costs you do save money, and they have a very wide range of colours. Also some funky prints for practice leos...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back