Does your gym have athlete accounts?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All competitive and pre-competitive athletes have to fundraise $300 a person, and then $150 for each additional child in the family. They also have the option to just pay it out. I know a different club around us is $500. No athlete accounts though.

Our gym has athlete accounts. Any money earned via fundraiser goes into the account and can only be used for meet fees. Parents are not required to participate in fundraisers--- completely an individual choice.

No athlete accounts here. Money raised goes directly to the gym. I know for one fundraiser my girls raised almost $1100, and in return we had our regionals meet entry fee covered and dd got a private lesson. I wish we had athlete accounts! Ha ha

We have to raise around $330 per athlete. It goes to the club. If we register early (June) for the next season we get $75 off our fund raising amount.
This way the club knows who's coming back so they can make the appropriate size groups and changes for summer training in July.
We have all sorts of fund raisers. popcorn sales, meat sales, chocolates, pizza sales, gift card sales, and so much more. Its pretty easy to get to the $330.
Or some families just chose to pay it out - as it is only $330.

Wow, we are expected to fundraise, and put time in for meets etc. All funds go to Club or booster club I guess ( we are new to this ) and with such large teams, we are lucky to see much break at all. Maybe a meet fee if we are lucky.

We are lucky. No accounts, and all the money goes into a pot and pays out what is needed. It covers meet fees, coaches' fees, travel fees for the gymnast, travel fees for coaches, USAG fees, uniforms, warm ups, choreography and camp. It is subject to change each year based on how mcuh money we raise as a club.

Our gym has athlete accounts. Any money earned via fundraiser goes into the account and can only be used for meet fees. Parents are not required to participate in fundraisers--- completely an individual choice.
I am looking at trying to implement this ^^^^ at our club, on top of the manditory amount we have to fundraise or pay out to the club each year. Any idea how your club handles the accounting part of this?

Our last club expected us to fundraise constantly, it went back into the gym for equipment, nothing back to the family's who put in the most effort or time. So one family might work their butts off while another did nothing and there was no benefit to fundraise. The hard working parents were constantly belittled and yelled at for not making enough money. Fast forward to new gym, no fund raising required, however it is expected that each family participates in twice a year fundraisers. We like new gym much better!

At my DD gym all pre-comp and competative athletes must participate in the fundraiser or pay a set fee to opt out of it for the season. As well, each family must volunteer a certain number of hours per year. If the volunteer hours are not met then you have to pay out the remaining hours. All funds go to the gym, no athlete accounts.

I am looking at trying to implement this ^^^^ at our club, on top of the manditory amount we have to fundraise or pay out to the club each year. Any idea how your club handles the accounting part of this?

I wish I could be more of a help, but I am not really sure.... Different fundraisers go on throughout the year and the percentage that is earned by each individual person fundraising is credited to their accounts. We are a pretty small gym and actually just started receiving invoices/statements with balance amounts noted.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back