WAG E-mails from parents

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ah, but isn't there at least some similarity in the power/knowledge imbalance, as well as in the communication issues, as illustrated by this and many other discussions on this site? :)

somewhat, yes. but litigation in gymnastics is about "minors" and assumption of risk.

I'm not sure there's a cookie-cutter answer as to how this should be done (with respect to those who have indicated otherwise in previous posts). Each gym should have its own policy and that policy should be clearly communicated to the parents.

Well

I also like when parents adress their concerns directly to me as a coach.
E-mail is alot easier to handle then speaking before or after the practice. Since you almost always have more groups comming in.
Now i might be considerd head coach, club director. But in Sweden as like in Finland most coaching is volountary done.

I only see myself as a normal coach doing my hours in the gym for fun. So that kids will have a good activity and fun on their spare-time. Every good or bad inputs from parents is good to know, makes it easier to make the gymnastics a safe and fun place to be in.

I have one on team and one in rec and I would email HC only for dd that is on team. Rec issues would be brought to the director. Honestly, I try not to even email HC unless it is absolutely necessary--to let him know dd will not be at practice, minor injuries, things like that. I try really hard to let the gymnastics issues work themselves out in gym, and I realize that as a parent, I do not understand skill development and it isn't HC's job to give me a personal play by play of progress. Progress can be seen by watching practice or watching meets. And if you get to the point where progress isn't being made, then it might be time for a conversation.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back