Easterns results!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Canadian_gym_mom

Proud Parent
Well, dd made finals! That was her main goal, to make it to finals. She qualified in 6th place and finished 6th place overall!

I am over the moon proud of her. She, well, she is upset that her teammate did better than her. More upset that this particular teammate rubs it in her face that she does better than her. *sigh* Something to discuss once back home.

Organization was a mess at the meet, no official team Ontario photo taken as has been done for the past 9 years... awards scattered throughout the day, no rhyme or reason... it took 3 hours for the tumbling results for dd's category to be posted. OH they forgot. Overall a bit of a disappointing $3000 experience for me.

BUT it's not about me, and I think a very good overall learning experience for dd and I am SUPER HAPPY that she is the 6th best tumbler in her level in all of Eastern Canada!! Not too shabby for an 8 year old in a 9-12 year old age division if you ask me.

Now (for reasons that elude me) NOW we move on to the Provincial Championships... she has qualified in all 3 of the T&T events for this, tramp, tumbling and double mini... this isn't until June so her new goal she says is to get her whip to add to the optional tumbling line.

Thanks for reading my novel update!!! ONTARIO-OWNS!!!! (Bogwoppit you might recognize that, lol)

Excellent results. Did she have fun despite her team mates poor attitude?

I have to say that Easterns is often a bit of a fizzle for T&T, but hard to turn down the place. T&T meets are often very messy here, but wag is usually well done.

I am sure Ontario owned the meet, as a huge province, with very strong training programs, they usually do?

Fly me out to Ontario:) . I'll have a little sit down with that snobby little team mate for you:eek: :(!

We'll have to "ice" afterwards with that 2oz of Grey Goose you mentioned...eh ;)!

Excellent results. Did she have fun despite her team mates poor attitude?

I have to say that Easterns is often a bit of a fizzle for T&T, but hard to turn down the place. T&T meets are often very messy here, but wag is usually well done.

I am sure Ontario owned the meet, as a huge province, with very strong training programs, they usually do?

She did, another teammate sort of stepped in and took dd under her wing so to speak. And until finals it was all good. I am SO glad that I was there for her though. I cry a little thinking what it would have been like for her to be told how she will never be as good as her teammate and to have noone there to hug her and tell her how proud I am of her.

Actually Quebec had a VERY strong showing in t&t. They are really strong in trampoline and did well in the tumbling also. I know you said you had been at many Easterns, and the team Ontario random cheer, where one ontario coach yells out "Ontario!" and the rest of the team yells, "OWNS!"

All in all I am very glad dd went, as it was great experience as far as getting to know the other Ontario girls and learning how to be a "team".

The girl in question is also the coach's daughter. I know the coach well, and I know that she will be easy and open to talk to about everything. I just hate having to do it, you know?

Fly me out to Ontario:) . I'll have a little sit down with that snobby little team mate for you:eek: :(!

We'll have to "ice" afterwards with that 2oz of Grey Goose you mentioned...eh ;)!

It's a deal! I did have a couple while waiting to get on the plane..I'm a bad flyer.

See my reply to bogwoppit. The girl is the coach's dd so I will speak to the coach about it.

Congrats to DD and good luck at Championships! I know how you feel about the teammate thing...hang in there!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back