WAG Easy level nine bar routine

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnastics mom

Proud Parent
Please help with easy level nine bar routine! My daughter struggles with the handstand and so pirouettes are not a great option for a half turn on bar to get into the overshoot. As a result she is springboard mounting to high bar cast to horizontal then into overshoot. Trying to help with what is the easiest level nine routine to meet requirements keeping in mind handstand consistency is hard. Double back dismount easy. Thanks!

Here is another...

I think the springboard mount to high bar IS the easiest way to do a L9 routine without a pirouette. It's what my daughter is doing. The overshoot doesn't need to come out of a handstand to get credit for the flight element (although I think they'll still get handstand deductions) and the overshoot counts as their required long axis turn. So they don't need a pirouette, and they land at the low bar facing the right direction to get back to the high bar.

I think the springboard mount to high bar IS the easiest way to do a L9 routine without a pirouette. It's what my daughter is doing. The overshoot doesn't need to come out of a handstand to get credit for the flight element (although I think they'll still get handstand deductions) and the overshoot counts as their required long axis turn. So they don't need a pirouette, and they land at the low bar facing the right direction to get back to the high bar.

The bail / overshoot cannot count for both of the requirements... so with this routine you would need something like a toe up. If doing just a squat on jump to high bar... then you would still be short.

The bail / overshoot cannot count for both of the requirements... so with this routine you would need something like a toe up. If doing just a squat on jump to high bar... then you would still be short.

Like this...

There is a -.5 deduction if there is no turn, they need a release AND another release OR turn. So I suppose someone could start jump to the high bar then bail and then do a toe-catch back up to the high bar to avoid the .5 deduction and avoid a pirouette/turn.

I don't think there is an "easy" level 9 bar routine honestly. It's tough.

My daughter is starting her season at the mock meet with I think a 9.4 start value, she's hopefully adding a swing 1/2 into the routine before her bail to get it up to a 10.

She does right now
- jump to high bar
- toe hand + bail
- toe hand + double back

Gotcha, my daughter has the toe-catch also. So it's not that it's counting as the LA turn but that she doesn't need it because of the second flight, thanks for correcting me! My daughter got the toe-catch relatively quickly compared her other bar skills and was happy to be able to take the pirouette out of her routine. Still working on upgraded dismount requirement though...

Agree, there is NO easy level 9 routine!

Please help with easy level nine bar routine! My daughter struggles with the handstand and so pirouettes are not a great option for a half turn on bar to get into the overshoot. As a result she is springboard mounting to high bar cast to horizontal then into overshoot. Trying to help with what is the easiest level nine routine to meet requirements keeping in mind handstand consistency is hard. Double back dismount easy. Thanks!
One easy skill you see some gymnasts doing is the chinese sit up also called the toe shoot/ toe hecht. It will not fill all the requirements for level 9 obviously but it certainly helps for girls who struggle with bars.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back