Parents endemic bars problems

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmom555

Proud Parent
Looking for thoughts, feedback and advice...

Our gym is quite successful in most arenas but has a glaring problem with bars. We have only one bars coach and the other coach is not so interested in bars at all. If the bars coach is at a meet, there isn't one in the gym. If there are two meets on the same weekend, someone is out of luck.

We often score at least two points behind on team bars scores compared to other events. Our top competitors even struggle to place on bars. Getting a 9.0 can be tough and we even have L7/8's that don't do giants yet.

What to do? I have no plans to leave this gym but don't know how to approach them. It seems they must know (they're very competitive and this must irk them as much as us) but they don't speak up. I have gymnasts that aren't interested in privates (which I can hardly afford anyway) so they need to be able to learn these skills within the normal spectrum of practice where they are evidently not.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

We went through this a couple of years ago. We ended up doing privates at a different gym, then switched gyms after the season.

They need to find another bars coach, even if just for the weekends. There are some individuals who have full-time careers in other fields, but are qualified, and may have some free time on weekends.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back