Parents Fall Update and some changes

• Thread starter Thread starter arcade
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
A

arcade

Here it is, an update after not posting much this summer but still lurking!

DD1 - trained L6 in the summer, she got every skill except the dreaded back walkover on beam, has a very good fly away and tumbling looks good but she is torn between gymnastics and other sports, so after much deliberation she has decided to do Prep Op which is new to our gym, they go six hours a week and will do three meets including state, she is so happy that she doesnt have to choose between two sports that she loves. She is training to compete a full on floor and a cartwheel back tuck dismount on beam amongst other stuff. We will miss being at meets with her/my friends but we will still see them at the gym, so not too sad/bad.

DD2 - she is competing L8 this year and is working hard to establish skills and connect them eventually. Floor skills include r/o whip back b/handspring b/handspring back tuck, layout full and f/handsrping f/layout front tuck. Dance skills are stag leap, switch side leap and double turn. Bars has taken a lot of work but she has her clear hip to handstand on the low bar and hopefully will move to the high bar soon, half pirouette and giant giant layout flyaway, will be good when connected as her form is good. On beam her flight is b/handspring b/handspring, switch leap beat jump straddle jump, a full turn, dismount is round-off back tuck working on layout. Vault - hopefully will start flipping yurchenko tucks on the hard mat soon and maybe a pike for competition season.

DD3 - will compete level 4 this season - working hard on form, she has most bar skills without grips and sometimes with grips. She has her r/off b/handspring on floor, beam skills need work but basically she has everything. Competing with the new music will be interesting because I have had other two DD's compete with the old music but we will get used to it eventually.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE FOR THE UPCOMING SEASON:)!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad that DD1 gets to keep doing what she loves and also do other sports, yay for prep-op!!

DD2 sounds like she is putting it all together for L8, how exciting. :)

The new L4 music is weird, my DD did L4 last year to old and is using new this year and I still am not used to it. LOL. Good luck to her this year! I know what you mean about form, etc. Abby is still working hard to put all the little things together. Bars and vault have improved so much, but beam and floor are coming along much slower, I think because of form, arms/hands/feet proper position, etc. Re-learning them has been hard for her and she reverts to old habits a lot.

Can't wait to hear meet reports on all your DDs! :)

Great update on all 3 girls - you sound very busy!!! Enjoy the upcoming seasons.... ;)

Sounds like they're all working hard! I hope the all have great seasons!

I think Prep. Op. is great if the coaching is there. We have it in our gym but they're just not as concerned with the strength training and conditioning as the team girls seem to be. I worry about that, that they don't have the core strength they need to do some of the skills. I hope you don't have the same problem!

Oh, and I totally agree about the Level 4 music. Very strange! It's too bad that they decided to use that instead of the old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh boy I admire you! I also have 3 girls, but only 1 gymmie. I don't know how you do it, what an impressive act of juggling that must be!

It's great that you've found a way give your daughter the opportunity to follow both passions, many don't get that chance.

You other 2 sound like they're well on their way to successful seasons ahead. WHen does your family start competing?

oh, 1 last nosy question, is there a big difference in cost between Prep Op and USAG?

Yes, I agree with everyone else about ALL the new compulsary music!!! It sounds, to me, like that man standing on the corner, grinding that machine with the monkey on his shoulder... know what I mean???

Oh well. I don't know if you've read my posts... my Daughter was training Level 7 this past spring and summer. She developed fears over her back tumbling and just couldn't deal with the pressure of inceased practice hours plus starting high sc hool. She also decided to do Prep Op. and I have to say, she is happier than I've seen her in a L O N G time. Like you, I will miss her teammates and the parents (we had to switch gyms for her to participate in this program). The good thing is, she's found a new group of friends and as I mentioned before is HAPPY again.

Sounds like your other 2 are well on their way to having great seasons too! Keep us posted!

Could have sworn I replied to this--I know I read it before! Anyway--good luck to all your girls!! (and I have to ask--do you rob a bank every month to pay for gymnastics? I barely afforded two girls on team--can't imagine paying for three!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back