WAG Favorite college team to watch?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

htimcj

Proud Parent
My DD is so excited. We get to see two college meets this year. Our first one is University of Utah vs. BYU vs. South Utah Univeristy and the second one is Boise State vs. Southern University. While the BSUvs SUU will be fun and we will be able to sit really close and cheer the one we are really looking forward to is the U of U meet. Going to one of their meets is SO fun. The place is sold out (Huntsman Center), lots of red and black and instance cheering with music and every thing. Everyone really gets into it. It's like going to a basketball or football game! To make it even better this year DD has two former teammates who are competing (or at least will be there)! One for BYU and the other for SUU.

So who do you really like to watch?

We are planning on going to Florida vs. Georgia in Gainesville at the end of the month. My girls and I went to Florida vs. Alabama last year and had a blast. Great, inexpensive fun as long as I remember to eat before the meet! :)

Me and my sister have gone to the BYU summer camp for the past 5 years or so. We wish Texas was a little closer to come watch some meets! Not much college gymnastics going on in Texas for some reason.

One of our gymnasts just started at Uof U! She is so excited. I can't wait to hear how she does.

We are planning on going to Florida vs. Georgia in Gainesville at the end of the month. My girls and I went to Florida vs. Alabama last year and had a blast. Great, inexpensive fun as long as I remember to eat before the meet! :)
OOH, those two would be great to see as well!

Me and my sister have gone to the BYU summer camp for the past 5 years or so. We wish Texas was a little closer to come watch some meets! Not much college gymnastics going on in Texas for some reason.
Texas Women's University has a team. I just looked up their schedule, here is a link: http://twuathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=gym&

They have a quad meet with Michigan State Oklahoma and Minnesota that I would love to go to but it may be a little to drive to alone for one day.

We're in Texas, too. My DD has decided she is a huge LSU fan, so I know she would love to see them. My husband is a HUGE OU fan (he grew up very close to there), so we follow their gymnastics team pretty closely. We would really love to see Ohio State at some point. A girl who came out of our gym is on their team. We love her and would love to see her compete for them. They were on TV here once last year, but we missed it.

I would love to see LSU! They will be in Gainesville toward the end of the season so we will probably try to get to that one as well as Florida/Georgia in few weeks :)

One of my daughter's former teammates is at SUU, so love to watch them when I can see them on TV. Enjoy going to college meets. They are so fun to watch.

I'd love to see UCLA compete, unfortunately they don't compete against the local university here. I was bummed I didn't get to see LSU compete last year, this year our team will compete at LSU so I'll have to wait till next year. I saw georgia compete last year and I'm excited to see Florida compete this year!!

U of A(Arkansas )..dd and I went to an intrasquad meet therein Friday and then dd had a day camp sat(which she loved!) and we may go to the meet this Friday (I can't remember who it is against) ..she has asked non stop to go haha..she wants season tickets but maybe next year...and we will probably go to the regional meet as long as I can get tickets. It is only about a 40 min drive for us :)

We are going to watch Oregon State when Iowa State is in town at the end of the month. It's about a 1.5 hour drive, but we have to drive right through the area on our way back from a family function that day. OSU rarely competes at home on Saturdays and my DD has practice on Friday (their normal competition day), so it's a real treat when we get to attend. She attended summer camp there this year and one of the gymnasts used to compete at her old gym. In fact, her mom was my DD's first coach when she was in preschool. We are very excited!

I've been going to the university of iowa gymnastics camps for 3 years, and I've gone to a couple of meets of theirs, and their amazing to watch! I highly recommend going to them:)

PLEASE tell me what you think of the BYU camp! My DD reaaaallly wants to go this summer, as we will be visiting Utah then anyway. BYU is our favorite team to watch, but we do enjoy following Utah as well. Occasionally we will watch an Iowa meet now and then.

PLEASE tell me what you think of the BYU camp! My DD reaaaallly wants to go this summer, as we will be visiting Utah then anyway. BYU is our favorite team to watch, but we do enjoy following Utah as well. Occasionally we will watch an Iowa meet now and then.
It's a great camp and reasonably priced. Brad and Dawn run it along with their beam coach and the college girls. Brad mostly helps with the 9/10's while their gymnasts coach the other groups. 3 hours of workout in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. We stay in Helaman Halls and eat at the Cannon Center for the meals. In the evenings they have a game night, dances for 14 and up while 13 and younger have movie nights and a talent show. Everybody gets to go to Seven Peaks (water park) on one night too! They have a pit and tramp which was fun for us since we come from a gym without them. Very safe also--I don't think I ever saw any injuries while being there. Rotate between vault, bars, beam, floor, dance and tramp. A few games like lovers leap and shipwreck are played to warm up but for the most part it's work! The counselors take the girls to the creamery/bookstore/jamba juice during breaks. Devotionals at night. It's a lot of fun. :)

It's a great camp and reasonably priced. Brad and Dawn run it along with their beam coach and the college girls. Brad mostly helps with the 9/10's while their gymnasts coach the other groups. 3 hours of workout in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. We stay in Helaman Halls and eat at the Cannon Center for the meals. In the evenings they have a game night, dances for 14 and up while 13 and younger have movie nights and a talent show. Everybody gets to go to Seven Peaks (water park) on one night too! They have a pit and tramp which was fun for us since we come from a gym without them. Very safe also--I don't think I ever saw any injuries while being there. Rotate between vault, bars, beam, floor, dance and tramp. A few games like lovers leap and shipwreck are played to warm up but for the most part it's work! The counselors take the girls to the creamery/bookstore/jamba juice during breaks. Devotionals at night. It's a lot of fun. :)

Thank you SO much!!!! I am glad to hear that there are 9/10's there as well. I was worried that the U of U camp might get all the upper level girls. I'm so happy to hear that you like it so much.

I LOVE to watch Arkansas! I believe that the hogs are just about the most fun to watch no matter the sport!! Wooooo Pig Soouie!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back