Fear Getting Out of Control

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

J

Jenna Horner

Hey guys so I am having some major fear issues and honestly I don't know if it is fear anymore. The problem started about 3 years ago when I was going into my first year of level 9. I started having really bad fear when doing bails and I started balking constantly to the point where I didn't even want to think about them. I eventually got it back but the fear had spread to my bars dismount too, which was a double back. Since then I have gone off and on with bails and fear of them and have also gone from dismount to dismount and will be able to keep one for like 6 months and then it will just like disappear one day. I am now going into my first level 10 season and the fear has become a huge problem. I am losing skills left and right and having to learn something different. I have no problem getting new skills, just keeping them is the issue. It is getting to the point where I will think about skills constantly outside the gym and it's like they almost haunt me. Its frustrating my coaches especially because they don't know what to do about it anymore. Sometime I feel like when I balk that I am just not doing it because I don't care, but I do care and I am so determined to be the best. And then it also sometimes feel like I've just forgotten how to do the skill all together. I just don't know what to do anymore and it's starting to get embarrassing to even go to practice. I need to get over this to be a successful 10. Any suggestions? Keep in mind that I have gone through this for 3 years, I have tried all the "normal" solutions to fear.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back