Parents Flipping back!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
So after Baby Bog finally made her huge decision to compete at a higher level this season, and boy that was tough. Her coach and I decided that she really needs to repeat the level she did last year.

So many reasons. The scoring this season is very tough, more so than previous years. The change in requirements for the level was leaving her at the very bottom end of the skills, with many girls starting out much higher with many bonus skills. Her kip comes and goes and without it she cannot be copmpetitive in the AA which immediately means she would not be able to go to provincials.

Baby Bog was a bit sad at first, but we have played it up to be the great chance that it really is. She has all the skills and bonuses for last years level and stands a good chance of getting to Provincials.

Sometimes you just have to do what fits. Her first meet, and Bigger Bog's too, will be on the weekend of Dec 19/20. So she has a little longer to get ready.

Bigger Bog is still working on her routines and has still not tumbled or vaulted yet, we'll see what she does closer to the time.

The bonus is that they will both compete on the same weekends!

Last edited:
Pixie & I are so right there with you gals. I hope Baby Bog's heart isn't too broken. After two meets under belt (repeating L4) Pixie had already gained so much this season. Fun experiences, less stress (than if she had moved up), more self confidence and much cleaner routines. I just know that Baby Bog will benefit from the same!

I hope Bigger Bog feels 100% soon!

Tough decision but probably the right one.

Baby Bog will be able to keep practicing those higher level skills and be really ready next year.
It will be wonderful having both girls compete on the same weekend too! What a great perk!

I agree with what everyone said. Hope Baby Bog will eventually realize that you guys made the decision with her best interest at heart. I know that Abby is very thankful for moving gyms and repeating level 4 even though at the time she really just wanted to stay at her gym and move up. She has seen her friends that moved to level 5 at her old gym struggle all season, feel sad about themselves, etc, when she had a wonderful fall season.

Can't wait to hear their meet reports. Hope Bigger Bog can get all she needs to compete. And bonus to have their meets on the same weekends!!

awwwwwwwwwwww you are making the best decision you can for baby bog. I think it will just make her stronger and more confident which is what is the best for gymnastics anyway.
I hope bigger bog continues to heal and they both rock their first meet in Dec:)

Based on baby bog's situation, I agree that it's best for her to stay at the current level in a long run. Doing so does not mean that she cannot work hard towards the next level. It's actually a good life lesson on its own in many ways IMHO. The hardest thing for her to deal with should be not being able to move up with her current team buddies.

Hopefully once she has that first meet and sees how well she does, she'll be happy with the decision :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back