MAG forarm pain

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

gracyomalley

Proud Parent
My 13 year old late starting level 5 DS has started to complain of pain in his left forearm, initially just with lots (50+) mushroom circles, but last night it bothered him on P bars working level 6 stuff....(I think...the names of all the boys moves make me dizzy). Its not his elbow (I checked, because he's a very serious violinist and elbows are IMPORTANT there...), but right in his forearm - on a muscle insertion I think. My question is has anyone heard of a significantly injury presenting like this? He's just starting to put on teen age muscle and is excited to be making headway at gym with his strength and support skills, as well as being super flexible so often has little aches and pains that I nod and ignore (so does he). He is loving gym for the social aspect and I want him to continue to have something other than his music (which includes 2 orchestras, a quartet and lessons...so has interfered with gym in past), so don't want him sitting out any practices that he can get to - but I don't want to ignore a serious issue...his coach said to stop working on whatever is hurting if it happens again, but DS didn't like that advice...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back