Parents forgive me, but I have to brag!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

OMG! My DD did outstanding at her meet. Her last meet was tough, and it just hurt her that she didnt do well. (It was my fault, as I let her stay at her other gmas house, and I found out she didnt get to bed till 2:30 a.m. I was super pi**ed. I said never again before a meet. Lesson learned.) But this meet makes up for it :)
So, her first was beam. I guess she was terrified, and fell off, but she got a 8.1! Didnt stop the tears though...yikes.
Next was floor, and it was a 8.8. Her shoulders are super tight, so any help with that would be accepted! The kickback walkover is killing her.
Then vault....9.8!! I almost wept. It was very nice, and she was so happy!
Bars ...9.4! It was crazy...its the best shes done on bars.
Shes a level 4 girl, and works really hard and it shows. I've posted before about how hard she is on herself, and quit video taping it. The advice I got worked really well. Thanks so much moms! But seriously, anything on what works for tight shoulders...

2:30 a.m.!!!! :jaw-dropping: Shame on that other Grandma!!! :fryingpan:

Glad she had a great meet this time. No advice on shoulder flexibility; my DD is made of rubber. I'm sure someone will know.

Congrats to your DD on a Job Well Done!!!

That's a great meet! Amazing what a little sleep will do, LOL. I quit taping my older daughter at a meet a few weeks ago and then BAM she did her best bar routine of the season. Then at the next meet I taped everything but beam, because she'd been falling on the cartwheel a lot, anyway, didn't tape beam that day and she got her first 9 on beam in L5. There must be something to this not taping thing...
Congrats to your daughter! Hard work DOES pay off. It does!!!

Rubber Tubing...Lots of Bridges......Stretching EVERYDAY.......no exceptions....Overstretching....look for rythmic gymnastics stretches on line....MAGIC

good for her!! Sounds like an awesome meet. :D

My dd has those tight shoulders, too, and lots of stretching has helped her greatly. Before meets, her coach will stretch them for her...I admit, I can't watch this...grosses me out! I can watch the legs stretching all day and it doesn't bother me, but back and shoulders....aaaggghh!!! Like fingernails on a chalkboard, lol!!!

Think I would have a talk with grandma! ;-) Despite that, sounds like she had a great meet!

Wow! Sounds like she had a great meet. WTG! I've been told my daughter has tight shoulders too. I just heard these things and I'm hoping that I can write them accurately. We tried this one once and it sure hurt my shoulders, but my dd said that she felt the stretch. ;) LOL. We took a swifter thing (any long stick) and she held it above her head and then rotated her shoulders until the stick was above her butt. Guess the key is to not bend your arms. Does that make sense???? Try it, it was super funny to watch my husband do it! ;) The other thing I have heard is to do the bridges next to a wall and I guess they are suppose to be able to touch the wall with their face. Those are two things I've heard for tight shoulders. They came from another gym mom, not a coach. ;) SO if they are really bad for gymnasts, someone better tell me.....although I have to say we don't practice much outside of the gym...taken advice from CB people. ;) Ok, rambling...I'm tired! ;)

wow sounds like a good meet!!

I will post the things odd got from her coach to do at home for stretching and what not!!
Nothing major but it really did help her (she needs to get back on the band wagon and do them again:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back