Four of my girls are allowed to move up!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm the coach of level B girls here in Finland and I have coached these girls from the very beginning. The girls had competed 2 years or less. They just practice under 4 hours a week so they haven't improved very fast and I already thought they will never move up. But then it happened, after so many years! 4 of my girls scored 32-33.5 so they are allowed to move up if they want to.

They did great! All the girls got 8.5-9 from floor and 8.5-9.5 from vault! Our scoring system is strict so I think they scored AWESOME! Only bar scores were slow. Roosa (10yo) got 6.5-7, Emma (7yo) got 7-7.5, Sara (9yo) got 7-7.5 and Emilia (8yo) got 7.5-8. The bar routine is harder than other routines which is weird and annoying. But now all these girls have got their chin-up-pullovers! My girls were 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th in All Around.

My girls are not going to go Olympics, they just compete for fun. They have to win a Gold Mark before moving up and I think that they will compete the fall season 2011 in level B but then, after one year, they may be ready for level C. There is a long list of skills they have to have in level C (beam cartwheels, the long hand pullover or the kip, back or front walkovers and the front handspring) but they already have some. I can't wait the summer season when we have a lot of time to work with new skills!

I just wanted to tell you the good news! :)

congratulations to you and your gymnasts! HAVE FUN WITH ALL THE NEW SKILLS

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back