WAG Frustration

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I never get frustrated, but lately I get so frustrated I just want to cry. I also never get scared ever. Even my coach notices it now. I need tips. I hate going through practice like this. It's only on beam and beam is my fAvorite event!

May I ask how old you are?

Frustration is really common. And if you're a teenager, then all those lovely hormones surging through your system make the frustration that much worse. A teenage girl is like a bipolar diva going from extreme happiness to the depths of depression. Everyone talks to teenagers about "enjoying their youth", but honestly, I think it's one of the hardest times - emotionally - you'll have.

Having said that, you CAN work through it. Sometimes the best thing to do is to step back from the situation so that, emotionally, it's not affecting you as much. Realistically, you'll still have to get up on the beam and do your routines. But give yourself permission to NOT be perfect. To miss the skill. Find the fun in it again. Wear a fake mustache in practice. Have a friend video tape your routine and then use a video tool to draw a tutu on yourself. Heck - maybe skip a practice or two and go to the movies or out with friends.

I think once you take the pressure off of yourself, you'll find the frustration goes too.

Bipolar Diva......pretty much sums up my DD.

I am sorry that you are having some problems! I do know that you can work through it. Have faith that this too will pass! Take a little me time for yourself to release some pressure. Have fun!

I don't feel that there's pressures it just that this is one on the first skills that haven't come relatively easy. And I'm 15

And it will come! :)
You will smile at it one day. I have no tips and tricks to offer but give yourself a break! Frustration will only make it worse and everyone gets scared. Take a session off from whatever you are working on and have a fun beam practice (I actually love Becauseisaid's suggestions) so you can learn to love your beam again and the start over freshly next practice.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back