Parents fundraiser gift cards?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

V

ValleyGymMom

Has anyone participated in the Visa gift card fundraiser? For a $50 donation, participants will receive a $25 visa gift card each month for the first $100 they spend in food or gas. They must send in receipts totaling $100 (along with a copy of drivers liscence and a $9.95 fee) and the next month they receive the gift card. So a persons' initial investment would be nearly $60. It sound really complicated and I was just wondering if anyone has participated in this. It seems like alot to ask people to donate $50 and then it seems they have to go through alot of red tape to get the gift cards. If you have done this , let me know if it really works. I'm on the fence about whether or not to do this.

I've never even heard of it. I agree with you---sounds like asking for the person donating money to do quite a bit of follow up plus wait to get a gift card. Personally, I wouldn't even ask anyone to do this.

I've never even heard of it. I agree with you---sounds like asking for the person donating money to do quite a bit of follow up plus wait to get a gift card. Personally, I wouldn't even ask anyone to do this.

I agree, and I decided to bow out even before reading your post. Even if it does work, I'm just not a salesman and don't know if I could persuade anyone to take part. I'll just stick with cookie dough and candles! Everyone likes that. Thanks for your opinion!:)

I haven't heard of it either, and I agree. Too much paperwork for $15.00 which is what they would get after they pay the 9.95. I would not want to ask anybody to do it. Sounds like a good deal for Visa maybe.

Sounds like way too much work to me. Not something I'd bring up for our booster club to do.

I haven't heard of anything like this up here (and it does sound complicated!)but we have done some successful & simple fundraising with gift cards. There are a couple of companies up here who do this so I assume somebody south of the border is doing it... The way it works is groups/members order gift cards for retailers etc. of their choice at face value through the company and a set % is donated back to the club (originating from retailers' corporate philanthropy). Very simple and no out of pocket cost or trouble for individuals.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back