MAG Future Stars!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Not sure when every one is heading out, but wanted to make sure to wish all of our CB Future Stars competitors good luck this weekend! Have fun at the OTC..it is an experience to be there. Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Seconded! And also glad for everyone who's going that after this weekend, FUTURE STARS IS OVER and they can FINALLY start doing something different!!!

Our boys leave tomorrow and seem to be passing an illness around between them. Two of the parents that are going are Dr's though, so that helps. But I hope they recover and do well.

Good luck to all!

Hello -- just wondering if anyone knows if the Future Stars results are posted online anywhere.

Thanks!

It didn't go well for my son. He was having a good meet for the first 5 events until p-bars. He didn't get to handstand after his kip and it just kind of threw him off. He then had p-bar strength next. DS pushed his mana (sp?) too far and fell out of it. Before DS competed his coach told him don't go too agressive on your mana you don't need it as most boys were doing v-sits. DS said he was telling himself "don't go agressive on the mana" but the adrenaline made him push it. Then came high-bar. There is a cast to handstand to giants in the middle of the routine. DS casted too hard and couldn't hold it to handstand and went over and off the bar. His coach got him back up there and he casted right back up to hand and over and off the bar again. He was absolutely devastated. His coach was great - told him he was proud that his mistakes were a result of him being agressive. DS missed making team and was so upset - really couldn't talk about it until the next day.

Ultimately, this was a great experience for my son. He made some new friends, saw some great gymnastics, and absolutely loved the clinic on Saturday. He didn't want to leave the gym after the clinic.

So glad he had fun! I am sure the OTC was fun too. I know D loves it! So hard when tehy have a hard time at a meet. But it was a great experience! YAY!

I met mom2twingymnasts. :) It was a good experience for sure. My son didn't do his best on things that he normally does well on so that brought his score way down. But he did do well on the two things that were new for him-giant flyway, and giant on pbars. So it was heartbreaking to see him mess up on the things he was good at. The clinic was amazing, wish it was before the meet! That would have been helpful! This has definitely given my son a kick in the pants to be better and not just get by with what comes easy and watching for all the little things to make it perfect.

That is so cool. I have heard the workshops are great. One day....maybe ;) And how cool that you 2 got to meet! That is fun :)

Our boys had a great time too...they are all exhausted this week! They loved the workshop though and are back in the gym working on new things. Need to be ready for meet season now...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back