MAG Future Stars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Lots of Future Stars meets going on and coming up! I remember those days. Would love to hear how it is going!

Region 2 Future Stars was held yesterday. My son competed as an 8-year-old. It was a super fun day. I was incredibly proud of his hard work and also relieved that it’s over!

This was my son’s second competition ever, having started gymnastics 8 months ago. I was afraid that he was going to be very far behind the more experienced boys but he did great! It turns out that he’s a kid that is much better in competition than in practice. That’s a fun trait! Usually, his muscle-ups involve a lot of flailing and falling but today he was like a different kid and magically did a smooth symmetrical muscle-up and got 2nd on rings! What????

I’m also super happy about my son’s positive attitude and confidence. He really seems to have internalized the growth-mindset stuff I’ve been trying to instill in my kids. Fred Richard said of his fall on High Bar at the World Championships “It’s all part of the journey” and my son picked up on that and made it his competition motto. ❤️ I think his attitude is going to set him up to really enjoy competition season. Hopefully, it’ll rub off one me and I won’t be so nervous next time!

Attachments

• A145F8F7-6F81-437C-B4EA-7C82E7FD12C6.jpeg
    A145F8F7-6F81-437C-B4EA-7C82E7FD12C6.jpeg
    510 KB · Views: 42

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back