WAG Gainer/Gaynor?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

cbifoja

Proud Parent
Reaction score
My daughter was excited about her beam dismount although it looked rather frightening to me.....something about heads and beams coming closer than I like. We were watching video clips of this skill and I noticed that there seem to be two different spellings. Is one correct and the other incorrect or is it a regional thing? I thought it was spelled gainer but I guess there could be a gymnast named Gaynor as well.

Congratulations! That's a great skill and not one you will see from every gymnast at the meet. I have no clue about the spelling.

Congratulations - a lot of our girls including my daughter are learning gainers for beam as well. My daughter said she just can't seem to get the flow of it.
Its one of those moves when they do it you gasp because you are not sure if that is what they were suppose to do.
All the best..

Congratulations! That's a great skill and not one you will see from every gymnast at the meet. I have no clue about the spelling.

Well, I think I'll be seeing it at every meet. LOL

I'm not really sure why she is doing this as her dismount. Her other teammates are all doing tuck dismounts (front and back) off the end. I keep meaning to ask her if there was a particular reason.......

Congratulations - a lot of our girls including my daughter are learning gainers for beam as well. My daughter said she just can't seem to get the flow of it.
Its one of those moves when they do it you gasp because you are not sure if that is what they were suppose to do.
All the best..

Very true!!!! I wasn't even sure that her form was right but when she showed me the video, it looked about right. I honestly figured she was goofing off and trying new, random things in the way she tends to do. And yes, I gasped. :-)

I've seen college gymnasts dismount with it when they have sufficient difficulty in the middle of the routine. Courtney Kupets did one in this routine.

yes, you definitely see them lots at college meets!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back