WAG Girls moving to different groups

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mmarz85

Proud Parent
What is the avaerage time a group stays together and with the same coach?
Is it normal for some to move up and some to stay in a different level and get a new coach ? Or even one group of girls split completely and going 3 different ways?

We have different groups every year at our gym. Actually… we regroup at the beginning of summer and beginning of fall… so twice a year.

Very common I would say. My daughter's current group has no one that she started pre-team with. Some girls left, others joined, some repeated a level, some went to a different type of program (tumbling/Excel) and she herself did two levels in one season so is ahead of the others.

Very common...I am luckily at a small gym, so some of our levels and coaching is combined, so the girls stay together longer than they would at a large gym. As an example, if I look at the group of girls that started with my daughter years ago....there was about 16 girls. Currently about six of those original "teammates" are still at our gym. 4 are Platinum, One is Level 8, One is level 7. Luckily we share several practice days so all the optional gymnasts get time together.

What is the avaerage time a group stays together and with the same coach?
Is it normal for some to move up and some to stay in a different level and get a new coach ? Or even one group of girls split completely and going 3 different ways?
Every variation is possible depending on the gym. At a smaller gym, gymnasts might have The same coach and the same core group of kids for 10 years. Some gyms have many coaches and many groups and the groups and coaching assignments can change every year or even multiple times during the year as coaches come and go. I’ve seen a group have 3 different coaches in a single season and sometimes the group members change more frequently than that. Usually, the kids who are close in skill level will move up together but not always.

Personally, I find the lead-up to finding out your child’s new training group, schedule, and coaching assignment incredibly stressful, especially when the potential coaches have massively different coaching styles.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back