Off Topic Gone for a few days for MAGfest

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
Reaction score
Hey, all. I'm heading up to Alexandria, VA until for MAGfest, a four-day long nerd convention. Four days of nonstop concerts (including one by my own band) and videogames.

See you next year!

My old stomping ground !! Have a great time and give a wave when you pass the Dumfries exit on I95 !!!

Just be careful!!! It snowed overnight (again), and this a.m. the streets are a MESS and very icy!! I think the Alexandria area was getting the freezing rain this a.m....

Have a blast GT, my son would love to be there with you. New YEar spent gaming is his idea of heaven! I'd love to hear your band.

Have a blast GT, my son would love to be there with you. New YEar spent gaming is his idea of heaven! I'd love to hear your band.

I may be able to get some recordings; we'll see. If I do, I'll post them here.

So, I'm home.

And it was AWESOME! Rocking out with other nerds, epic Tetris Attack battles, concerts, and best of all, just hanging out with the OCRemix crew.

Also, I got a chance to meet Sid Meier and Jon St. John.

Last edited:
NO WAY!!!! Dani's ballet teacher went there!! Her and some friends won a costume contest or something like that. Tooo cool!! Small world!!!!!!!

I don't know if there were any videos or recordings of my band in particular, but I'm sure that random photos videos will be trickling out over the next few weeks; if I find any good ones I'll post them.

As for recordings, we didn't get any at MAG, but we're going to try to get some studio recordings together over the next month or two. I'll post those if/when we get them finished.

A few pics from jamspace (24-hour open jam session where anybody can just hop up onstage and start playing) which have hit facebook already:
acousticjam1.jpg

Four of the six members of my band, plus another friend on keys (for the OCRemix fans: from left to right, the musicians are nonsensicalexis, the prophet of mephisto, me, DrumUltimA, and Harmony)

acousticjam2.jpg

More acoustic jamming. Yes, that's a tuba over there. I don't actually know who that was; he was just some dude that hopped up onstage to play with us.

rawk.jpg

Me rocking the heck out with AeroZ, Level 99, and some other dudes.

Here we go... sort of. This is several of my bandmates and several other people we've never really rehearsed with playing a song at jamspace (specifically, we're playing the home village theme from Xenogears blended with the victory theme from Kirby's Superstar, all in irish folk style):

[youtube]WCIZoW-3hFQ[/youtube]

I'll forward that to my son as he just loves Kirby, he'll think that's pretty cool. AN Irish twist, who'd've thunk it!

[youtube]LrK7qQ_gIug[/youtube]

My band playing "Dragon Song," an arrangement of a number of songs from Secret of Mana.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back