Parents good feedback after meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Galadriel

Proud Parent
Reaction score
My DD just had what she feels is the first ever good feedback after a competition and she is really really positive and happy about it.

They usually (apparently - because i'm not there!) come back and the first practice after a meet they will sit round and say well done so and so, and hard luck such a person, if you had done x y or z you would have scored this amount higher. (bit vague and general)

Well yesterday apparently the coach took the girls aside one at a time, and showed them a video of their routine, and then they played it again, and stopped it at areas where they lost marks and showed how it was scored and what they needed to do to improve.

My DD has found this REALLY helpful and positive experience, and as they compete again in a month then is looking to improve in those areas and improve her scores!

I dont know if this is normal to do this for other gyms but ours has never done it before, and I think it sounds like a good thing! x

That's a great idea! Hopefully, the coaches also made a lot of notes for each gymnast so that they can help remind them as they practice. Sounds like a really positive experience.

Best Wishes,

ZZMom

That is a wonderful idea. I think as long as it's used for construtive criticism they should keep doing it. The girls work so hard and they go out there and do their best and wonder why they didn't score better. This way they can see where the deductions came from and they can work on fixing it. I may pass this on to our coach!!

Oh, and BTW, this is not the norm. At least I've never heard it being done anywhere. I video tape all of dd's meets (when I remember to charge the battery or clear the video card) but never have the coaches done it. It's a great idea!

Last edited by a moderator:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back