Parents great, but not what she wanted

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

gothgymmom

Proud Parent
Reaction score
well, those of you that have helped me along the way, know my situation with the 9's and the 34. DD had a meet yesterday, and unfortunatly did not get either. she was kind of upset with herself, but since I have cut back on being a mom coach (like this forum has told me not to be) it sucks that I cant tell her what she should or shouldnt have done. But im proud of myself for not doing that. I think its starting to help her. Now to record her routines and watch them with her so she knows what she is doing, as another GP has told me to do, since what she thinks she is doing in her head is completely different then what we are seeing. GP stated it helped her DD out tremendously, so that is my next step. Only 2 more meets left to reach that elusive 34 (for her anyway). I pray that she makes it. A little outside prayers will help too if you all are willing. Thanks for all advice and help!

Good luck to her! Recording my DD's routines and having her watch them really helped her in the beginning before she really understood what her coach was trying to tell her. She was so little she needed to see it.

I'm kinda surprised that coaches don't utilize video during practice. Make a video clip of a problem skill (wouldn't need to be more than a minute or two), send it to the athlete and tell her specifically what to watch for. Has anyone tried that? I know our coaches don't. Altho I do occasionally get videos of a new skill, for which I am very grateful.

Our coach tends to record routines about once a month... or specific skills if we have several working on the same thing. Then they go over them during practice and she records again to see if they fixed the problem :) It tends to work wonders :cool:

I use coaches eye with P&F, it really helped her with her split leaps to see her angle of split

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back