Grips or no grips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

addicted2tumbling

I was wondering if grips help you not get rips easily. I know they arent ment for that because they are ment to grip the bar but is it easier to get rips with or with out grips? I just want your opinion lol.

If you use grips correctly, and chalk up often, yes, your hands will be safer for palm rips.

HOWEVER, even though grips help you hold onto the bar, and don't give you palm rips, you can rips in many more nasty places:

Side of your hand
On the side of your fingers
On your wrists

All BECAUSE of your grips!

Even with my grips, I get rips. I get them on my wrists, my fingers, my palms, and the sides of palms. I basically get them ALL over my hands:)

I am grip-less and proud of it! i do hadstand-flyaway and sole circles (not giants cuz they freak me out... but thats another story) withour]t grips and i've sort of stopped getting rips. once your hads build up good caluses they don't rip very often. also, when they do rip there often very small and don't hurt. unles your coach really wants you to get grips or you are getting horrible rips, you don't have to get grips! hope that this helps!
-rasberry

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back