Grips...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All Chalked Up

Coach
Gymnast
When should I get grips? I usually rip in (probably) 1 in 4 practices, and I usually rip pretty badly. If I should get grips now/soon, does anybody have any ideas for what kind/brand of beginner grips I should get? Thank you so much!!!!

Gymgirl808:)

I am Pre-Competive, training 4+ hours a week. What I do really depends on the coach, how I am training (good or bad day), but I will be able to to tell you my bar routine. Pullover, back hipcircle, squat on, baby giant (sometimes back hipcircle after baby giant), straddle half dismount. At home I practice my routine on my monkey bars too :p, if that helps. Thank you so much!!!!

At my dd's gym, the girls tend to get their grips after level 4, and while training for level 5. There are some exceptions. Bigger girls usually get grips earlier.

Good luck.

MamaofEnS

Check with your coach before getting any grips. They may not want you in grips until you're doing certain skills and may have a preference on brand/type of grip.

Remember grips will not stop rips!! Please stop practicing on the monkey bar---its dangerous and it does tear your hands up.

Thank you so much for the advice, everyone!:) And I'll stop practicing on the monkey bar :)
gymgirl808

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back