Parents Gymnast gifts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter loves these silly little gymnastics bears... Gymnastics Collectable Beamie Bears
She has one for each level 3, 4, and 5 (it's just about time to order level 6!), plus one that says "made it to States," one that says "Got my Kip!" and, just this past weekend, she got one that says "Happy Birthday!" I also started the tradition of giving her a new leo at the last meet of the season. Last year that was at Level 4 States. This year I have both a new leo and a "Level 5 States" bear that I'll bring to sectionals... if she qualifies for States, she'll get the bear and I'll give her the leo at States. If not, the bear will get handed off to some other parent whose daughter DID qualify (without Kathy ever seeing it, of course) and Kathy will get the leo. :)

She loves anything that isn't a t-shirt (those boxy, mens style ones) or those standard draw string gym bags (that she has at least 10 of!).

Faves have been:

1. Tank top/shorts PJs
2. Sports type water bottle
3. Beach towel
4. Blanket

Of all the gifts, awards, etc. that my DD has brought home from meets, her favorite is still a snow globe that she got as an AA award back in L4 :)! Every gymnasts got called up during awards & got a snow globe at that meet :). I think that was her favorite meet ever, just because of the snow globes:D!

her top 10 list Favorites were

1. leotard
2. sunglasses
3. hair scrunchies
4. backpack (the ones with string for armstraps)
5. beach towel
6. blanket
7. scarf
8. water bottle
9. christmas ornament
10. T-shirt

As far as gifts from the actual meet itself, dd's favorite was a water bottle. She uses it a lot. When my son was competing, a favorite gift was a small duffle bag (not the drawstring bags but an actual zip up bag).

The funniest gift to me was one from when my son was competing. All the goodie bags had a pretty hair scrunchy in it (and yes, I said my son). Most of the boys on my son's team had sisters which worked out well. My dd still uses it and she thinks it is funny that she received a gift from her brother's meet. :)

well the girls just got bears at the last meet! They love those!
but really my girls just think its fun to get what ever at meets! *they had a meet where they got nothing * (of course that was the most expensive meet to enter! they were bummed but us as parents were like ok 1 less thing! (tho the gym I think got a ton of negative feedback so they gave out CD's of the photos that were taken of the girls at the meet! (I loved that :)

My daughter loves these silly little gymnastics bears... Gymnastics Collectable Beamie Bears
She has one for each level 3, 4, and 5 (it's just about time to order level 6!), plus one that says "made it to States," one that says "Got my Kip!" and, just this past weekend, she got one that says "Happy Birthday!" I also started the tradition of giving her a new leo at the last meet of the season. Last year that was at Level 4 States. This year I have both a new leo and a "Level 5 States" bear that I'll bring to sectionals... if she qualifies for States, she'll get the bear and I'll give her the leo at States. If not, the bear will get handed off to some other parent whose daughter DID qualify (without Kathy ever seeing it, of course) and Kathy will get the leo. :)

For our daughter's first meet I wanted to give her a Snoopy leotard to wear to pre-meet [she has the Snoopy dance in her floor routine and her music was specifically composed by her older sister and her dad to fit it] so I looked a little but I couldn't find anything promising so I made her a white leotard and then one of my friends did a silk screen style Snoopy on the center. Her gym did secret santas [where they filled out a little form with favorites to give ideas for 3 small gifts and 1 medium gift] and one of her teammates apparently had written if [our daughter] draws my name I'd love her mom to make me a Snoopy leotard and she included her measurements. The mom of the child who did draw her name [and who ironically our daughter had drawn] so I made one for the teammate to give and one for our daughter to give to the teammate so now the three of them have them and they love wearing them.

I had no idea what beamie babies were until after our daughter's first L8 meet when she came home with one. Apparently the parents group bought a bunch of them and they give them out for scoring 36AA or above [I think it is just for the first 36 at each level. They have a little tag on them with the meet, date, and the scores it's kind of neat.]

My daughter's favorite gifts from the hosting gym have been grip bags, shorts (that go with meet shirt that I had to buy), and a blanket. We have way too many drawstring bags and water bottles. The gift she has never used was a gymnastics beanie hat in Florida, the beach towel would have been great.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back