Gymnastics camps?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey guys, I'm not sure where to put this, so feel free to move it. But I was wondering what are good gymnastics camps that you would recommend? I know of IGC, and Woodward, but I was wondering what are some others? I am in the midwest so if there's any somewhere around there that'd be great. I usually go to the one at my gym, but I would love to go to an overnight one. I looked at the prices for IGC, and man. I know it's a great camp, and I would love to go, but the price. Dang. Haha. Well thank you guys! :)

Well, more than likely all the overnight camps run about the same price.

I'd look into going to one of the collegiate camps. They aren't typically overnight though. Some gymnasts go and stay in hotels or what not.

Since you live in the midwest I would reccomend Lake Owen Camp. I never been there, but i will likely be going this summer. The price range is $745-$865. I'v heard it's AMAZING! I'll probaly go week 9. If you have any specific questions just ask me. :D

It's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop at the bottom. :)

overnight camps can run from $700 - over $1000 a week no matter what type of camp it is. Remember they have to pay for rooms, food, equipment, 24/7 staff and insurance etc.

Usually the colleges have some type of camp available that are good. They also are usually a little cheaper as they have alot of the stuff like rooms (dorms) and food available at the college already. Check your local college and see what they have to offer. The one near us have both day camp and overnight camp. They also offer the overnight camp as an extended day camp where they arrive at 8am and stay until 9pm for the camp activities.

Let your parents know what you want they can help you find the camp that fits their budget best.

if you're willing to travel, i HIGHLY recommend a usgtc camp in western MA. it's at Mount Holyoke college, one of the five best colleges in the 'states. my friends' mom works there, and it's huge! i've never been, but i've only heard great things about it.

they have over night, so you won't have to pay extra for a hotel. but here's the link. just click a few buttons, and then you'll find the request a brochure page. they'll send you as many as you want, and it'll be in your mailbox in a few days.

whichever camp you choose, good luck! and i hope you have an AWESOME time :)

I go to Flip Fest in Crossville, Tennessee and it's amazing! The prices, I find, are fairly reasonable as well. It has a great balance of gymnastics and recreational activities. I've been there 2 summers in a row, possibly going there again this summer if my team is going. Flip Fest is a week long camp. The cabins are clean, with bathrooms and showers. The owners of the camp are John Macready (1966 Olympian) and John Roethlisberger (three time USA Olympian), who always keep the fun alive at camp. For more info, here's there website: John Macready and John Roethlisberger's Flip Fest
I myself wanted to try IGC just to see what it's like, but WOW. Those prices are just way to much! It looks like a great camp though, if you're willing to spend that much money.

For the past 2 years DD has been going to Gymnastics High Performance Training Camp in Coeur D' Alene Idaho. They have some great coaches there and really fun activities. It's almost like a family type atmosphere. The camp will be July 22nd to 26th this year. They don't have cabins or anything, but they do have Chaperoned rooms at the local motel down the block. Lot's of gymnasts stay there. They also have gymnasts staying with the families of the host gym. Here's the website: Gymnastics High Performance Training Camp | GYM FUN in Idaho

You could check into the Woodward Scholarship Program.

You can apply for a partial or full scholarship, I applied last year and got a full scholarship.
Woodward was a BUNCH of fun, I'd def. recommend it!!
Here is the link to the PA Woodward scholarship application:
Campwoodward.com - Scholarships

My son and daughter went to Geddert Twistars camp last summer. It is in DeWitt Michigan. They both thought it was a very good gymnastics camp. It was their first summer camp so we don't have anything to compare it to. I think the training was good and they had an activity each evening (bowling, ice skating, putt-putt golf) The lodging is provided by Twistar's team families. This is the gym that Jordyn Wieber trains and my daughter got to meet her and get her picture taken with her. Jordyn actually attended the camp.

My kids might do the University of Michigan camps this year. I have heard that both the boys and girls camps are very good.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back